yet another drain pan question

twohappycampers

After our one-year old washing machine started leaking water, we decided it was time to have a drain pain. Smart, huh? I have the pan made and am about to install it before replacing the washer. I would simply like to install a drain hose from the pan straight down to the outside in the overhang section of the front of the trailer. Has anybody out there attempted this and are there any important wires, or steel support beams, etc. sitting under where the washer is placed in the front bedroom closet that I should be aware of before I go drilling holes? Thanks for any and all help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I haven't installed my drain pan yet (it's sitting in the rig, in the box), but my plan is to drill a hole up from the battery/hydraulic compartment (BH3670) and run the drain through it since it's open at the bottom. The hole will be under the dresser in the bedroom, making it a short run. Following the actual pipe chase puts too many 90 deg. bends in it. Once the drain is in, I'll fill the gap with foam.

mobilcastle

I installed mine this way-discharge tube goes down through battery compartment. I was going to take it down through the front but it seemed like it might be a nightmare, Some are vented in front of the steps from the factory on my style of unit. Good luck.
I haven't installed my drain pan yet (it's sitting in the rig, in the box), but my plan is to drill a hole up from the battery/hydraulic compartment (BH3670) and run the drain through it since it's open at the bottom. The hole will be under the dresser in the bedroom, making it a short run. Following the actual pipe chase puts too many 90 deg. bends in it. Once the drain is in, I'll fill the gap with foam.