Discussion

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Anyone interested can contact me as I, maybe foolishly, offered to start a chapter.
Any suggestions on boundaries, places to go. etc are all very welcome.
I would like to set up a database of interested members so we can make sure to contact everyone when we have an event.
Thanks to all!
Deb D

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Boundries

Ray and Deb, I dont know if you read what the Socal boundry is. We thought best for us would be Bakersfield to the north. It is about where Central Calif. starts. As for starting a Chapter, JP Morgan37 and Jim Beletti was give you all the support you need. They can set up your sub forums, and get you started in the right direction. It looks to me like you already have a good start on a Chapter by reading all the replys you have gotten. I think you will have fun doing this. Just ask for help from members close to you. Keep me in the loop, we just need for someone to get after starting a Central Calif. Chapter. JP is worried that Calif. will beat the National Heartland Rally out in numbers.:eek: Bob :D :D

Last edited:

slmayor

OK, all you northwest kids out there, it time to plan our first rally.
We are looking at March, but timing is up to you folks. With Idaho as the northern-most interested party and several around the Sacramento area, and a few more up here by me, which direction do you guys want to go? North or south? Into Southern Oregon? Middle California? Any of you have a burning desire to see anything in northern California?
I will say we are open to either direction, and can alternate between them for subsequent rallies. I've received several good suggestions for both Oregon and the California Gold Country areas. If we do Oregon, we may want to move to April, unless it's at a lower elevation and some of the Gold Country areas are higher as well.
Lets hear from everyone interested. I just got back from a trip and have nothing planned yet, so I need something to look forward to.... LOL
PS, for those interested, Woodson Bridge at Corning is going through some improvements and was noticebly better than when we were there last year. Great folks and a nice place right on the river.

5erWonk

Ray & Deb,

We are interested to participate....We are located in Visalia, Ca (Central CA) but most of our camping is from Visalia west or north so we consider ourselves more in the northern part.

Look forward to updates on rallys, etc.

slmayor

Bob & family,
Thanks for the reply! As discussed with Bob & Patty, all of us out west will let everyone know our plans so anyone that wants to can participate. If you have any ideas on locations, timing, etc, please let me know.
Right now, until there is a central CA chapter, I'm kind of leaning toward two rallies. One in the gold country and one in southern Oregon. I just don't know which to do first or what the interest is among the group. Any direction will be gladly received.

newman

We would be interested in a Rally, we are in Central Cal (east of Sacramento). Something near the coast may be better if you are looking at a springtime rally. Godd luck!

slmayor

So many choices for Rallies! I prefer the coast myself. Just not the drive getting there. LOL

In another thread dealing with locations, several members have suggested Redding, which is fine with me. Way less work and I'm familiar with everything here.
Actually Redding is great in the Spring, it's the summer that you don't want to be here. LOL It's pretty moderate most of the year and not a huge amount of rainfall. We're actually in the very tip if the Sacramento Valley so can even grow citrus here. Spring is quite pretty here, but then everything dries up by the end of May. Lake levels look like they're going to be OK. We've gotten quite a bit of rain with this last storm.
Please keep in touch and if you have any suggestions for dates, please let me know. We are looking at March or April right now. The only dates to avoid in April are the weekend of Kool April Nites, as everything is booked up that week.

Barry & Alana

Norcal

I looked at 2 of the 3. I could not get the premeire resort to come up.

I like the Mt.-Gate - very nice. We will join you if its the last weekend of March.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Rally dates have been announced for NorCal in the Rally 2008 section of the forum. Deb has us scheduled for Mt. Gate RV Resort in Redding for March 28-30. It might be easier to take the rest of the rally discussion over there so we can all find what people are saying in one place. OK?:)

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi everyone!
I posted the combined rally photos from our camera and Deb and Ray's camera in HOG. It can be found in the rallies section (thanks Michael!) under 2008 NorCal Spring Rally. If you have other photos to add, let me know and I'll add them to the album.

Hope to see all of you again!
Kristy:)

beaverfan

Oregonian
Heartland Club NW

I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Whats the closest club to us and how would we contact them?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Beaver, look at the first part of this thread. Contact slmayor (Ray and Deb). They head up the Norcal and southern part of Oregon club and rallies. Bob (socal wagonmaster):eek: