• Non-Club Member fee: 20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 5/3/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: jayc(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
We are happy to announce this chapter rally in Arkansas. The chapter has been inactive for a couple of years due to some unfortunate circumstances, and we are inviting everyone to come to what we believe will be a very fun time. The park features folk music "jams" as well as even more local music in town.

We will get the Good Sam discount for up to five days. We are initially reserving 15 sites but hope for more.

An agenda will be posted soon, showing all attractions in town as well as our planned activities.

1. Jay and Stella Coffman
2. Billy and Janice Summit
3. Doug and Judy Chaney
4. Larry and Gayle Kuykendal
5. Luke and Carol Owens (AR) 5/1-5/4
6. Dave and Nancy Seabolt 5/1-5/5
7. David and Susan Gondron
8. Don and Joyce Baker
9. Ron and Barb Lambert (AR) 5/1-5/5

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have asked Billy Summit to be the wagon master of this rally. He is a work camper at the Ozark RV Park where the rally will be held and he will be a valuable asset for the rally. I have also learned that another HL couple, Doug and Judy Chaney, also work camp at the park and will help with the rally.

Larry and Gayle Kuykendal contacted me by PM to sign up for the rally.

Come on Arkansas, it's time to rally!!!

DougAndJudy

There's a lot to do in Mountain View. The Ozark Folk Center State Park is right next door to the campground. There are craft shops, representing the way things were done a hundred years ago in the Ozarks, that is open during the day. The Folk Center has a great auditorium in which folk musicians perform 4 nights a week, Wed - Sat. This is also walking distance from the RV park. There is an awesome cavern, Blanchard Springs, less than 20 miles away. There is usually jamming around the courthouse in downtown Mountain View most evenings. If you play, bring your instruments to the rally. You might even find a jam happening at the RV park some mornings, as well.

jayc

Luke Owens contacted me to say that he and his wife Carol will be joining us. They will arrive on the evening of the 1st. Looking forward to meeting them soon.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Dave and I are coming to the rally. Do I need to call and make a reservation? Dates 5-1 to 5-5.

jayc

Hi Nancy, glad to hear that you and Dave will be coming to the rally. Looking forward to seeing you soon.Yes, you will need to call the park for a reservation.

olcoon

Dang, we'd really like to attend this one, but don't think we'll have enough time. We'll be getting back from Texas sometime at the end of April, and Sally will be leaving for her girl trip to FL on the 10th of May. Should be a good one!

jayc

We'd love to see you and Sally, Roy. There are still plenty of spaces.

nander

Reservations made for 5-1 to 5-5.
Dave would love to play golf if anyone is interested.

jayc

David and Susan Gondron PM'd me to say that they are coming to the rally.

jbeletti

A rally in Arkansas - wish we could make this one. Looks like a great restart to the chapter. Hope all members from Arkansas can make this one.

DougAndJudy

It's not too early to make your reservations for this rally. Both Billy Summit and I are at the park and planning some activities. I don't have an exact schedule yet, but we are planning a concert night at the Folk Center auditorium and a tour of Blanchard Cavern. I'm sure we'll have a potluck one evening as well.

Roy and Sally - it would be a treat if you were able to make it to the rally. And it's right on the way to Florida...

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Come on Arkansas, let's make a showing in Mountain View. What does everyone think of having a breakfast cooking here one morning at the rec. building. Let me know your thoughts on this. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for Doug Chaney for helping me with the rally.

nander

We would be glad to help with anything. Breakfast sounds good.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

bsummit

Thanks guys for the offer's to help with the Breakfast. We'll make it happen. Probably on Saturday morning or if everyone gets here on Thursday we can have it on Friday morning. I was thinking that if everyone is in agreement we can go to Blanchard Springs Cavern's Saturday and the music show at the Ozark Folk Center Saturday night. I will check and see if we have enough people for a group rate at both places.

jayc

I hope we have enough for the group rate! Looking forward to the Ozarks.

jayc

Don and Joyce Baker contacted me by PM to say that they are coming to the rally. Looking forward to it!

Lukeduke

Sounds good for Saturday morning breakfast. Would love to help. Pancakes sound good. I have a great recipe for buttermilk pancakes. May be tired from drive up on Thursday evening. Been 28 years since we went to the caverns with 3 small kids.

Luke

bsummit

Update for the rally. We can get group rates for the Blanchard Springs Caverns, normal price per person is $10.50 but group rate is $7.50 with at least 15 people. I just need to let them know a day in advance.
The normal price for the show at the folk center is $12.00, but a group of 15 or more it's $9.00. I will need to let them know the afternoon before how many will be in the group.

For the ones that have not called and made the reservations yet we have saved you a spot. It would help if you would call so we could assign a site to you.

Thanks, Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.