new TST system

Grey Ghost

Just bought the new 507 TST system for my 5ver, haven't even installed it yet. Anyone out there have this system and do you like it? I'm just getting tired of blowing tires and thought maybe this would give me the upper hand. I just installed four new Michelin tires on the unit after blow a cheap powerking towmaster tire and ripping up my 5ver. Hopefully between the new tires and the new monitoring system my tire problems are over for a time. Is the system difficult to install? I watched a video regarding installation but still have a few questions. :cool:

scottyb

1st, good move on the tire change. Between that and the TST 507, you will have a lot better peace of mind while driving. There are many people on here with the TST 507 and almost all speak highly of it, especially their customer service. You will really appreciate real-time pressure and temperature readings and will be amazed at how much they change.

olcoon

I've got the same system. When I first got it I had some issues installing it. Come to find out, the buttons on the monitor were switched, apparently a new guy at the factory. Always Shiny Wheels replaced it at no charge. I got it installed & was pleased…for a while. Went to Texas for the winter & on the way down there it kept losing wheels, different ones at different times & would take forever to find them again while driving. Contacted Always Shiny Wheels again & they replaced everything, again at no charge. Still had the same issue. Seems that on shorter trips we had no problem, just on multi-day trips is when we would have problems. Contacted Always Shiny Wheels again & they suggested getting a repeater & installing it. When we first bought it at the 2011 rally in Goshen I was told that since our rig is 30' we shouldn't need one. It's now installed & we have made several trips with it (all of them only 1 travel day), & so far no problems. But the real test will come when we head back down to Texas this year, that's when the original issue started. All in all I'm pleased with it, but I've found out that the air pressure doesn't agree with what my gage says, & the temps don't agree with my infrared thermometer. Both are usually a few lbs/degrees off, but what I've learned that's normal with any of them.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
congratulations on the 507 Tst. We love Ours even did a upgrade to the new flow Thur system. Our system saved us many $$ showing us that a rear tire was over heating !! The outer bearing had failed and the wheel Was falling off the rear Axel. TST has been a supporter of past HOC Rallies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have the TST 507 and absolutely love it. It saved us on a front left tire on our truck a couple months after we bought it. At just a glance I am able to see the pressure and temp of all the tires. It came with the range extender antenna but we have never needed it. The reception on the 507 unit itself is great. Also we had a sensor go bad and TST sent us a sensor overnight to the campground we were at. Awesome customer service!!!

Rod Ditrich

dbbls59

I installed these this year and I had to install a repeater for it to work properly. Great company to deal with.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ditto on the repeater, I think interference is more the issue than distance. Cell phones, gps, etcetera can probably confuse things.

A great company! We've had a sensor that was replaced by them. From sending the old to getting the new, was less than a week.

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I put them on a couple of months ago and they work great and I have no repeater. My only complaint is with my Viair P405 portable compressor because it does not like the flow thru valves because of the back pressure they cause. So . . . to add air I still have to remove the TST valve, so the flow thru for me only works at my home where I have a larger compressor with a tank. In spite of my slight compressor problem, I think the added sense of security and safety they provide makes them well worth the investment.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I have had the system for two years now with no problems and great piece of mind. I also needed the repeater as it would read different tires but never all. I also have the same compressor and have no problem filling with the valves on. Hmmm!!

ATLJOHN

We also purchased the 507 at 2011 rally
We have not any issues or needed a repeater for 3670 39 footer. We are amazed how the receiver last without a recharge
I am sure you really like the 507

Eddhuy

I have the same system with no repeater and it works great. I've even received all the tire sensors when parked about 200 feet away from the FW.

A potential problem with the flow through sensors: If the sensor for some reason breaks off, one of mine did and don't know why. The part that threads on was still on the tire but the large portion fell off. It will let the air out of your tire but not real fast, it takes a few minutes and the alarm did go off so you have time to pull over safely. I wonder if this is why there is a restricted air flow through them? I don't think the non-flow through sensors would do the same.

Dutch & Di

I can only state our personal opinion which is Yes They Work. We purchased the TST brand over 4years ago and have been very pleased with it. We have a 38' triple and pull it with our new 2014 Ram. Within the 1st 600 miles it saved us twice.
The 1st time was because we still have rubber valve stems on our RV and with age and heat, the stem had dry rotted a bit and the system let us know we had a leak. We added metal valve stems and that issue was taken care of. Later when pulling into a parking area the temp alarm showed 165!!! The tire was fine but the heat coming from the behind the wheel was extreme. Turns our a brake caliper stuck and the system alerted us to check things out. Did we have to replace the rotor? yes but it saved the tire and potential fiberglass damage. Hugs, Di

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We won a TST system in 2010 at the Southeastern Rally and have used it ever since. This fall we upgraded the system to the flow-thru sensors for the camper which has worked great without a repeater. I wouldn't pulled a camper without it.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Thanks Dave, but I'm looking to wright detract to the owner. Ill make a request for his Email address by the contact info see if that works.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Nabo what was the reason you upgraded to flow threw? I want to exchange my flow threw for the regular ones cus mine stick out to far from my wheels and don't like how bulky they look