New Stackable Installation

davusmc

I just finished the installation of the "Spendide Ariston" stackables in our 2012 Landmark and have run a couple of test loads. I haven't taken them on the road yet, so I'm concerned about them moving around. It appears to me that there is plenty of potential for that. My installation procedure included the guidelines submitted by "JohnDar" (thank you very much, they were invaluable) which included the removal of the false floor in the closet and installing a 3/4" plywood floor deck and the drip pan. My concern is that the rocking motion of the unit may be problematic. Do any of you seasoned travelers with stackables have any advice? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

kowAlski631

We've traveled cross country up & down the Rockies. We've had the sofa slide, but no movement in the stackables. Hope this helps.

Martha

brianharrison

My stackables were installed at factory - they have an "L" bracket screwed to the side of the unit (back lip) and attached to the closet/stackable partition partial wall. It may have been dealer installed - I am not 100% sure.

Hope this helps,
Brian

EDIT: Yes there is one screw missing; I removed it, then decided to take pictures... I am not normally one screw short.....

Attachments

• DSC04846.jpg
    DSC04846.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC04847.jpg
    DSC04847.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC04848.jpg
    DSC04848.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 160

Garypowell

I only have single unit and it does not move. My suggestion would be to use foam wedges to hold in place while traveling. I like the fact that mine is stand alone when in use. I think I get less vibration in the coach.

I realize that that wedging might not be possible but I think usually these units are in closets or some confined space.