Jensen DV2007 won't play DVDs

JanSass

Just purchased a 20011 Heartland Road Warrior and was VERY disappointed (as were the grandkids) that the DVD player does not work! Just ejects disks. Seems to me equipment on a 2-yr-old rig should still work?? What can you tell me???????

jimtoo

Hi JanSass,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Did you purchase from a dealer? If so did you get any kind of warranty? The contact number for Jensen is on the Portal page of the forum, you might give them a call. But mine quit after about 3 years and probably less than 20 movies.

You say it's a 2011, but you might look at the manufacture date on the tag,, it is probably between 3 and 4 years old.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what happens.

Jim M

whp4262

I don't know how close your DVD model is to mine, I have a JDV8035, but I had the same problem. I took the cover off and inside there is a little belt near the front right side of the unit. I replaced the belt with an O-ring that was just a tiny bit smaller diameter than the belt. The DVD has been working good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought a BluRay DVD player with Wifi to use instead of the built-in Jensen . . .

I only use the Jensen for audio . . . much happier with this setup!

By the way, I did replace the inside speakers with some good ones!

The factory speakers are junk . . . $10/pair auto parts store speakers at best!

Both of my indoor speakers and my outside speakers were already blown when I purchased my trailer brand new.

By the by . . . I'm a stereo aficianado . . . and I know a blown speaker when I hear one!

And my dealer did nothing but give me a line of bull when I tried to get them to replace them . . . and now my warranty has expired!

priorguy

The dealer would've installed the same lame speakers anyhow. It doesn't cost much nowadays for a decent speaker and you'll be much happier anyway. What brand/model did you wind up using?

JohnD

The dealer would've installed the same lame speakers anyhow. It doesn't cost much nowadays for a decent speaker and you'll be much happier anyway. What brand/model did you wind up using?

I bought a pair of Pioneer speakers at Walmart for $50 that sound excellent in the trailer!

Took me all of 10 minutes to switch them out . . .

If you are in Colorado let me know . . . I'll switch them out for you!

We are taking delivery on our new Silverado 35RES on the 24th. After looking at the diagram in HUG, I quickly decided to keep my Sony BluRay with wifi and Sony amp. I plan to replace all the oem speakers as well. I figure I can hijack the connectors from the Jensen and connect directly to my amp. Am I missing anything?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

priorguy

I bought a pair of Pioneer speakers at Walmart for $50 that sound excellent in the trailer!

Took me all of 10 minutes to switch them out . . .

If you are in Colorado let me know . . . I'll switch them out for you!

Thanks JohnD but I'm a little far from Colorado. And a bit of an audio file to boot.

I found Boston Acoustic speakers at BestBuyCanada for a great clearance price. Cheaper the replacement Jensens.

If the snow ever stops I'll make it up to the trailer to see what sizes I need.

I do have a spare Yamaha receiver and a set of PSB micro speakers in the basement but that might be overkill in a TT.

Plus my park has noise rules, and my neighbours are currently friendly. Like to keep it that way.

Cheers

JohnD

Thanks JohnD but I'm a little far from Colorado. And a bit of an audio file to boot.

I found Boston Acoustic speakers at BestBuyCanada for a great clearance price. Cheaper the replacement Jensens.

If the snow ever stops I'll make it up to the trailer to see what sizes I need.

I do have a spare Yamaha receiver and a set of PSB micro speakers in the basement but that might be overkill in a TT.

Plus my park has noise rules, and my neighbours are currently friendly. Like to keep it that way.

Cheers

I guess I'm lucky in that I can keep our trailer parked at the house.

Matter of fact, I will be heading out there in a couple of hours to watch a TV show over the air waves that we no longer get on Direct TV (the original Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett on METV).

As for the audio in the trailer . . . I'm not after the best sounding system in there, but good sound as opposed to what comes out of the TV speakers.

I have good stereo equipment all over the house . . . my wife doesn't want me filling up the trailer with what she calls "technology"! :eek:

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

RTSchacht

Rick & Terri
Mine is the Jensen JDV8035 unit as well and is doing the exact same thing..... Thanks for the tips, I'll hit the reset button and check on the belt inside on the right side.... can't hurt, anything is better than nothing right now

Rick

JohnD

Mine is the Jensen JDV8035 unit as well and is doing the exact same thing..... Thanks for the tips, I'll hit the reset button and check on the belt inside on the right side.... can't hurt, anything is better than nothing right now

Rick

Really, if you go to Best Buy or any other store . . . get a cheap BluRay player and an HDMI cable, and you'll be much happier than you will be if you keep trying to make the built-in unit work!

I like to consider the built-in Jensen unit as a back-up unit!

RTSchacht

Rick & Terri
...lol.... I know, it's my nature to try and fix the **** thing and kick the dead horse one more time until I'm fully satisfied that I can't fix it.... but from the sounds of it, I'll be doing exactly what you suggested and getting something different.... another thing to put on the wish list for the camper!

Thanks,

Rick