New to Heartland Gateway 3200RS

shurack24

After many months of searching for "the floorplan" that we liked, we finally settled on the Gateway 3200RS. With a killer price to boot. Moving up from a 24' travel trailer and looking forward to the new unit.
Wanted to just say "HI" to the forum members.

jimtoo

Hi shurack24,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will like the Gateway, nice units with lots of extras.

Join us at a rally when you can and get to meet lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

bulldawg

I also did hours and hours of research on hundreds of 5th wheels and ultimately decided on the Gateway 3200. I had a Keystone Outback that was a great RV but limited room. My wife and I love the Gateway so far and cannot wait for our first outing scheduled for next May.

greg7140

We have only had our 3200RS for about 3 months or so now but have been out with it 4 times now for about 25 nights. We will be taking it to Ohio for Thanksgiving (weather permitting). Jenni and I are very happy with our purchase. This is our first Heartland product, but if the Gateway hold up like I think it will, it will probably not be our last.

Hope you guys enjoy the 3200 as much as we are! We probably spend about 100 nights a year in our camper and after 5 years with our last SOB ToyHauler we are really digging the better insulation, no more drafts and extra Living space not being taken up by the Garage that we didn't need anymore. We also really like the recliners! Lol

Congrats on your purchase!

shurack24

Picked up our Gateway 3200RS on Saturday and we remain quite impressed with the unit and with Heartland. Thanks to another poster here, we checked the shower track on our unit specifically and guess what, the bottom track was installed backwards on ours as well so the water drain holes drained to the bathroom floor and not to the tub. It was a quick fix easily taken care of by our tech doing the PDI in about 20 minutes. Makes you wonder sometimes what the factory is thinking about. Hopefully this is not indicative of any other problems. Sadly, it is 24 degress here in Connecticut today, so it may be a few months before we get to take it on that first shakedown trip.
This looks like a great forum so far. Looking forward to springtime.

We are thinking of purchasing our first RV of any kind and have decided on a fifth wheel, The Heartland Gateway 3200RS. I have seen some dealers list Gateway 3200 and Gateway 3200RS at same dealership on-line. Is there a difference? I looked at www.heartlandrvs.com and only see a Gateway3200RS. Maybe just typo's??? One dealer had about 2 of each listed ad I was just wondering if there was a difference. Floor plan looked the same on all based on their photos of the units . One had different fridge. Also never have done a walk-thru PDI...any suggestions on what to expect or look out for? Do the dealers give you a check list or should I search the web for my own? Should contract for purchase be signed after PDI walk-thru?

jimtoo

Hi txdianimal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The dealer may ordered different options, but if it is a 3200, then the floor plan should be the same on the Gateways. When you go for your PDI, just check everything from top to bottom and front to back. Make sure you can operate everything and everything operates and don't let them rush you thru. A good PDI will probably take 3-4 hours. Have water and electric hooked up and even move the slides in and out and level with the legs.
I'm sure someone will give you a link to a good PDI.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Txdianimal, good to see you here. Here is a link to the Gateway listing on the Heartland RVs website.