Ice maker on sale at Home Depot

Garypowell

While I was working on my faucet change over walked past a display that had that small portable ice maker on sale for $98.00. Brand does not matter as every brand I see looks the same.

Picked one up for a trial run. It made ice quickly but could not get it to make either small or large ice. Since it only made one size....about the shape of a thimble....don't know which way was not working. I had fancied putting it under the sink and it would fit but I'd have to modify a shelf....and I've had enough of that for the time being.

Then there was the fact that the output was really teeny tiny ice. Even if what we saw was the small....the large could not be large enough for us. When we put some ice we made into the freezer for storage it just all froze together together since it comes out so wet.

Figured this was not the solution for us.....so I returned it today. But, if this is what you are looking for but waiting to see a great price, Home Depot is the place.

The underlying problem is that Linda is having some trouble twisting the ice trays that come out of the freezer so we were looking for some solution. I have seen ice "holders" that have a beveled edge such that you can press the ice tray into it it warps the ice tray so the ice comes out.....if anyone has seen one lately let me know where you found it.

wdk450

The silver Igloo one I use and bought from WalMart for $139, is now on sale there for $98. I think it is better than the freezer icemaker for me, and I don't have to fight constant icemaker water line pinhole leaks. When I was travelling to/from the Goshen Rally from the West Coast I would pull over an hour before my daily destination, and turn on the icemaker using the inverter power system. I pull in at the end of a hot day an hour later and had an icemaker full of ice.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have purchased 3 ice makers. All but the last one has died after about 1 year. Someone recommended the one at Target made by Emerson. This one is still working very well..
BC

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We got ours at camping world. It makes 3 different sizes has been a really good one for us got in 06 and is still going strong..

GOTTOYS

Those portable icemakers are all the same. Don't get hung up on a particular brand. If you line them all up next to each other they are exactly the same except for the name badge and the price tag...We have one that we use occasionally and it works just great but the batches are pretty small. Almost easier to go to the campground office and buy a big bag of ice and get it over with....Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also got ours from Target about 3 years ago and it's still ticking. For the first 18 months, it was used as a weekend warrior but for the last 17 months, it's has run continually. If it dies in the next couple of months, that's ok cuz it was well worth the $99 we paid for it.

navyAZ1

We bought ours from smallappliances.com 5 years ago. Have had one issue with it where the sensor that shuts it off when the bin is full had to be replaced. They were really good, they sent the part no charge along with e-mailing me full instructions with photos on how to replace it. We like ours better than buying ice in the bag because a bag of ice takes up half or more of your freezer.