Help! Slide leak - any ideas?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Finally getting some rain here and my dining/entertainment slide is leaking at the back corner by the chairs. We will take it to the dealer in a couple weeks for the rest of the minor stuff, but its leaking so bad that I'm worried about ruining the floor.:eek: I have looked at the seals, upper and lower, corners and along the side and just flat can't figure out where the water is getting in. Can't see any water running inside or out. Anyone have any more ideas about what to look for? Model is 3370 and the slide leaks the same either in or out.

Mariposa

I had a leaking slide. I to looked but couldn't find the leak. While at the dealer getting it repaired he showed me what he did. repairs were made and checked with a water hose. now all that was needed was a real rain storm for a real test.
There is a small lip, near the bottom of the slide. Water can travel along that area and into some really small holes under the seals. One has to reach in and hold the seals back far enough to see. A small flashlight helps, too. Caulking stopped the leaks.
Bob

nscaler2

Water leak

I don't know if my leak was the same as yours, but we had a mystery leak near the rear of our 3055rl almost in the corner. It was near the entertainment slide out and for the longest time I thought it was the slide. One day while cleaning the window in the side of the unit at the back I noticed a small gap in the gasket that is sandwiched in between the window frame and the side of the trailer. I tested it by dribbling water from a hose on the small gap. Immediately the carpet got wet. Anyway a small amount of caulk to cover the gap and the leak is gone. Check around the perimeter of the windows near your leak. You may have the same problem.