No heat in beadroom, fixed. Not properly configured at factory

GT4Point6

Kevin Margetta
2014 Sundance 5th wheel 3000MK.
No heat was coming up the bedroom vent. All other vents worked fine.

I live in the RV most of the time so can't leave it at a dealer to take who knows how long to fix so I took the back wall down in the front storage area and there was two ducts coming up and both running the bathroom plenum.
Nothing running to the bedroom plenum and they are not connected. The two plenums are only three feet apart, not sure why a builder would skip putting one of the ducts to the bedroom plenum and just run them both to the bathroom plenum, it's only three feet apart... Harder to put them both on the one plenum so not sure what the thought process was when this was built of if Heartland builds them this way all the time.
Anyhow, I cut a hole in the bedroom plenum, ran the second duct to the bedroom plenum, blanked off the second hole in the bathroom plenum and who would have guessed that this puts heat into the bedroom.

If you own a newer heartland and not getting heat to the bedroom, this is probably why.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Kevin, thanks for the info. Yes, hard telling for sure why the ducts weren't connected properly. It's good that you took the bull by the horns and resolved it on your own. Many times that's the easiest and fastest way to git er done.

jbeletti

Kevin,

Thank you for your feedback on this. It has been flagged up to the plant. Steps will be taken to ensure these are handled properly going forward. Sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.