Bed Lift storage made easy.

Rgill

Just installed a bed lift kit from hatchlift.com. You bet, it makes life easier. We will now use this area for storage of liteweight things!
Ray

Attachments

• bedlift2.jpg
    bedlift2.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 353
  • Bedlift1.jpg
    Bedlift1.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 327

VideoGuy3

It appears the springs (struts) are upside down. Check the photos on hatchlift's website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rgill

Does it really make a differance? It doesn't seem too. Both balls and sockets are the same. The socket on the lower end of the left one is broke right at the ball. It has been put back with JB Weld but I doubt it will hold permantly. Anyway they just screw on and Hatchlift is sending a new one to replace it. The ends are made of hard plastic and the one end snapped off as I was putting it on the ball. It is the little things like installing this that makes life easier.
I am more worried about my wife loading that area with anvils and bricks, now that she can open it, and makeing the tongue weight go up!:rolleyes:
It appears the springs (struts) are upside down. Check the photos on hatchlift's website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Looks great. I hate the storage under our bed cuz it's only 2 1/2" deep. Not alot of stuff flattens out that small.

Rgill

The struts are 17" x 90lb. I just ordered the small kit. It had everything in it I needed except for 2 blocks used as spacers on the bottom side.
Ray

Rgill

What pressure struts did yo go with?
Duane, sorry for taking so long to reply. The struts are the 90 lb. ones. Hatchlift supplies two bed lift kits, one to use for the hatch that lifts half of the bed and one for lifting the entire bed. They were very good to deal with on the phone and sent extra replacement parts for the one strut that had a broken end. This made the storage under the bed useful as before it was useless to us.