Help, slide leak - need ideas

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I posted this on the ask the factory thread as well, but figured that some else may be able to chime in.
It finally started to rain here and we have a leak at the back of the dining/ entertainment slide on the floor at the corner. (BH 3370). I have checked the top, bottom, side and every where I could think of and still can't find where the water is coming in. Walls are dry, slide side is dry, etc. It leaks with the slide extended or in, doesn't seem to make any difference.
We have an appointment with the dealer in a week or so to fix the little cosmetic stuff, and I've already called to let them know they will be fixing this as well, but I am worried about ruining the floor in the meantime. I do get the water up as often as I can and run a fan to dry it out. Any suggestions, advice on where to look or what to look for, etc?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I was reading on another forum where the same problem was happening. They found that some of the lens on the running (marker) lights on the side of the trailer was upside down and the drain holes where on the top filling with water. I guess it then followed the wiring hole and in the trailer. Just an idea....Ken

slmayor

Thanks Ken,
at least it's another place to look.:)
I have to ask, being Welsh and having a family that raised Springer Spaniels, what is a Welsh Springer Spaniel?
I have a Cocker Spaniel now, but he's just of the neurotic variety.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
slmayor said:
Thanks Ken,
at least it's another place to look.:)
I have to ask, being Welsh and having a family that raised Springer Spaniels, what is a Welsh Springer Spaniel?
I have a Cocker Spaniel now, but he's just of the neurotic variety.

I would imagine your talking about English Springer Spaniels ,the are black and white or liver and white. The Welsh Springers are still one of the rarer breeds in the United States and they are not as heavy boned as the English and are red and white with a few freckles thrown in the white. There a great bird dog and family pet. I suggest you google them lots of good reading on this fine Welsh breed....Ken

HappyKayakers

slmayor,
We had a leak on the street side rear corner and an RV tech in Amarillo tracked it down to the roof, where the endcap was joined. Somehow the water made it all the down to the carpet without getting the walls wet. Since your leak appears with the slide in or out, you might benefit from a trip to a shop that uses the SealTech system. http://www.rvleaks.com/

slmayor

Thanks Joe and Suzanne,
I'll check that out too. I was up on the roof and found a place that wasn't sealed well at the ladder, but I fixed that a couple weeks ago. Not sure if the dealer has the SealTech system or not, but my local repair shop does. Really frustrating and it's a lot of water. Carpet was soaked last night. I've been trying to keep a big bath towel on the corner to soak it up before it can spread, and we use the carpet cleaner to get the water out. Granted we had some heavy rain, and it seemed to all come inside. Every other slide corner is as dry as a bone.