Solar Power Beacon Globe light for Flag Pole

DesertThumper

We just ordered a solar power multi-color beacon light that sits on top of a flag pole for the evenings. We see a bunch of TH having them out for display. Does anybody own one? How do you like it?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
When we brought our flag pole from Poles and Holders at the Hershey RV show several years ago and we also purchased the round lucite colored globe. It has given us many hours of enjoyment and many topics of campfire chat. Presently looking for the "AAA" rechargable batteries for it since they no longer hold an all nighter. In other worlds we love our globe of love as so affectionately put by our friends.

hoefler

While not solar, I bought a LED low voltage landscape spot light, made a mount out of PVC fittings that slide over the flag pole and sit on the pole holder, made up a little box that I plug the trailer light cord into and the pole lite, and have a reliable light on Old Glory.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just ordered a solar power multi-color beacon light that sits on top of a flag pole for the evenings. We see a bunch of TH having them out for display. Does anybody own one? How do you like it?

I bought one from flag pole buddy when I bought my pole and works awesome. Mine is a blue strobe though since our college colors are blue and gold so joke that our BC is a kmart blue light special.

On a side note about flag pole buddy, my fiberglass pole got snapped into during a light to moderate wind and the replaced it for free under warranty all I had to do was pay shipping. Def a company I will do business with again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have the white solar powered flag pole light "saucer" from Flag Pole Buddy. Works great.

Doing some "research," the code says it's customary to "properly illuminate" it at night, but there is no law or statute about it. Goes back to 1923 when the code was adopted and natural fiber flags wore out fairly quickly. No sense leaving them up at night in the weather if no one could see them. With the newer synthetic materials, wearing them out fast is not a problem.

So, if you leave it up at night and don't have it lit, the Flag Police won't pound on your door at zero-dark thirty to arrest you.

sjs731

We have the saucer style LED to light the flag and the red strobe light for the top of the pole also. Both from Flag Pole Buddy. We get lots of comments. We really enjoy the flag pole and always fly two flags, the American and something under it that gets comments. Pirate flags, the Gadsden flag etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

DesertThumper

Thanks for all your comments. Yup, we just received ours a week ago. Mounted the flag pole holder on the back side near the ladder. Our pole is the 22 feet collapsible type. We also ordered a stick light which strobes 7 different colors with four patterns. Now we are ready for the evenings of light array.

pegmikef

I bought a saucer type solar light from polesandholders.com and liked it so much I bought a second one for my residential flagpole down by the lake (was using a spotlight). Just make sure you get the one that uses three batteries as it lasts longer at night. The early ones only used two batteries, but look exactly the same.

DesertThumper

Hey Mike, I wish they would have offered that option beforehand but I got the two battery globe. Oh well. Thanks though for informing!

pegmikef

Al, they work just as good and most likely all will be asleep long before they run out of juice so noone will notice the difference. BTW, when not using the one for the RV I take one battery out so it won't come on in storage and drain the batteries all the way down.

pegmikef

I have had the lights just under two years. I use a telescoping pole, but I mount it in an adapter for the hitch receiver on my BH (had to buy a 1 1/4 to 2 inch adapter).

DesertThumper

Nice Mike! I see many during camping using the hitch type like yours. We went with the pole holder that requires three self taping metal screws to be mounted near the rear TH door. Drilled three slightly smaller holes in the metal frame part then comes the screws. We like it! I ask about how long you have own your globe to see how long they last. That's good for having it for two years and still working. Thanks!