Prospective 37ULTA owner

schumie

Hello all. I have been reading this forum for a while nowgathering information on Heartland products. My wife and I are looking intoordering a 2014 Elkridge 37ULTA. From what I have read not many owners seem dissatisfiedwith this unit, which in turn to a perspective owner that’s a good thing.Personally I think this unit is very family friendly. The downside is theoverall length of this trailer is around 41’ and unloaded is 12000 lbs, big trailer.But for my F-350 we should be just fine. So the real reason for this post, I amlooking for suggestions or ideas on what current owners like and dislike abouttheir current units. Now that you own a Heartland product, what would you dodifferent if you could do it all over again? Is the price of rear electric jacksworth the money? Do I really need an electric cord reel? We are just weekendcampers so is the thermo pane windows worth the upgrade? If you have had manyconcerns and just need to air them out, feel free to message me rather thanposting them publicly. I look forward tohearing from hopefully many of you.
Thank you for your time reading my post
Prospective Owner.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
schumie, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I'm sure you'll receive some feedback soon.
I did not get the electric rear jacks. At the time I was trying to save any pennies I could. I've read a few issues regarding them having electrical issues with the motor related to corrosion so I'm glad I made that call. The 50 Amp cord is pretty heavy and if the electric reel was available at the time, knowing what I know now, I would have bought that option. Dual Pane windows? A lot depends on how long you plan on keeping the trailer and your future plan. I think for long term usage they are a great option. We have them. If you might trade in a few years they won't add value when it comes time to trade. For resale though, maybe.

Good luck and we hope to have you as an owner soon.

schumie

Thank you for your input. This past weekend we placed our order with our dealer to get a new ULTA. I decided against the electric jacks and stuck with the manual ones. It was just another motor that could need be replaced and then we would have to put them down manually. Currently we have 4 jacks that need to be put down, now we will only have 2. We are really excited to get this come early next year. I know that there will always be small things that need to be fixed on these trailers, but I have read good things about Heartland. The only disappointment I have is not much input other than you. I was hoping for more owners chiming in on options, likes and dislikes. But any way.... Thank you for your opinions. We look forward to camping in our new unit next year.
Oh, I see your from Wisconsin. We'll be up there next year, the kids want to go back to Warrens to the Jellystone campground. We were there a few years ago and had a great time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'll chime in, we love our ElkRidge. But we are just two people, so no need for the "ultimate". ;)

We both work, so we are weekend campers + a few long weeks here and there. The ElkRidge is suits for us and this style of camping.

We talk of upgrading "someday", but that will have to wait for more $$$ and a change in our camping habits (like going full-time) to justify it. We love our floorplan.

We like to take our ElkRidge skiing, and that's a little challenging for this unit. We added heat pads and extra insulation around pipes to handle the cold, but we would like higher R-values and double pane windows to make the inside more comfortable in our next coach.

I think you'll be very pleased with your choice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk