ATF: ElkRidge - Water pump runs no water

Ok, heading south tommorrow, this morning was all about de-winterizing my trailer. Had to use the city water connection to flush lines out, because fresh water connection would not take water. Finally after running the furnace and using a portable electric heater in the hold I got the fresh water pipe to take water and fill holding tank. Now I try the water pump, it runs but nothing comes out of the faucets, the hot water tank is full. The bypass valve is shut off and the line from the pump that is used to suck antifreeze is closed. so what gives?

jnbhobe

Sounds like you have some other lines froze up, Like the pickup line for the pump or some other line. Take a hair dryer to the inlet for the pump from the tank and work your way up. Or wait till you get south to de-winterize it will probably just freeze up towing in the cold any way.

olcoon

I agree with what Jon said about waiting until you get far enough South that you don't have to worry about freezing weather. When we head to Texas I don't dewinterize until we get to Texas. Kind of inconvenient, but I don't have to worry about frozen/busted water lines. As far as the pump not working, was it working before you winterized? If so, possibly one of the valves used to winterize hasn't been put in the "normal" position, & it's not letting water get to the pump.