Wanting to up-grade

Murphy9

Hello, my first time on this site. We have a 2102 keystone Alpine fiver. We want to move up and wondered if the landmark fits the bill. Not ready for a leap ie. DRV, Excel, etc. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks , murphy9

jimtoo

Hi murphy9,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The Landmark is in a class of it's own. Very nice, lots of goodies, and great customer support from the Heartland factory and from the folks here on the forum. Visit a dealer and just look and inspect the Landmark line.

Enjoy the forum and ask any questions you have and someone will try to give you an answer here.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We our on our 2nd Landmark. The first was a 2007 Landmark Golden Gate. We loved it. We now have a Landmark San Antonio. We love it even more. We love the Landmark and highly recommend it. Got the full-timers and Yeti package.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Same here, LOVE our Landmark!...six years in a Bighorn. Now have a Key Largo and could not be happier!!

wino2

Have had our Landmark for almost two years. It is by far the best rig we have owned. Easy to tow and very comfortable. You have to go to a dealer and check them out in person. You will fall in love with the looks and comfort.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Oh...and it was $30K less than a comparably equipped DRV....it was a no-brainer for us!!

jbeletti

Hello, my first time on this site. We have a 2102 keystone Alpine fiver. We want to move up and wondered if the landmark fits the bill. Not ready for a leap ie. DRV, Excel, etc. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks , murphy9

Hi Murphy,

I have used 6 Landmarks in 9 seasons (Mount Rushmore, Pinehurst, Grand Canyon, San Antonio, Key Largo and Savannah) and I've loved them all! Each had their strong points. If you're looking for a move up, the Landmark may be right for you. What sort of floor plan / layout suits your needs? What type of features are you looking for? Just ask away here on this thread and actual product owners will be willing to share their experiences and suggestions with you.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
we upgraded from a Bighorn to a Landmark in March of this year and haven't regretted it I love, love my Landmark there is so much room & comfort! Good luck in your search

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We had a 2006 Bighorn and later upgraded to a 2009 Landmark Augusta. It has been wonderful and we really like the quality and value we got from Heartland. Plus we have an awesome online community here in the forum. Keep us up to date with what you end up with.

Good luck,

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Murphy9,
We traded up to a Landmark 6 months ago and absolutely love it. I looked at an Alpine when we were searching, but the Landmark seemed much better built. We did a TON of research to find the rig and to get the best price and service. I highly recommend RVs for Less in Knoxville as they focus on the Landmark (as well as DRV). As a result they tend to have much deeper knowledge of their product lines. Their site is http://www.rvsforless.net/

Birchwood

We have a Pinehurst and going on our 5th year of Landmark continual living .People comment all the time that we have a beautiful new fiver.I never correct them unless they ask the year and I tell them 09.

rjr6150

Murphy9
We traded an 09 Big Horn in for an 13 Landmark Key Largo. These are a great value for the money we love ours.

Murphy9

Thanks for all of your responses. Helpful. Priorities solid structure which I believe heartland meets. Intergal : kitchen storage & counter space. We love eating out but really enjoy cooking in. At this point key largo seems like a good fit, any other suggestions? thanks Murphy 9

Murphy9

Appreciated the responses.kitchen space /storage is important. Larger shower a plus. Seems like the key largo fits the bill. Comments.

JHodgin

We traded in our 2012 Keystone Alpine for a 2014 Landmark San Antonio. Everything is better except the Alpine had more interior storage space.
Love our San Antonio!

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We traded in our 012 Keystone Alpine for a 2014 Landmark San Antonio. Everything is better except the Alpine had more interior storage space.
Love our San Antonio!
We have an 07 Bighorn and I have to agree. Heartland seems to have slightly decreased the amount of available storage in the newer rigs. Maybe it's an effort to reduce the possibility of overloading the suspension.

travlingman

Appreciated the responses.kitchen space /storage is important. Larger shower a plus. Seems like the key largo fits the bill. Comments.

We just picked up a 2014 Savannah, and it has great storage. We have 2 pantries in the kitchen, one is even a walk in. The bedroom has a wall to wall closet along with dresser drawers on both sides of the closet. Bedroom has 2 drawers along with storage on the wall. If not ordering a washer/dryer, that closet can offer more storage.