Airbag compressor suggestions

Kblock108

Other than the typical obsession on buying crap for my toys, I think I have talked myself into needing (wanting) the air compressor and gauge set up for my firestone airbags. Wanted to pick some brains about which system some have used and although it looks really cool, the wireless airlift is too much to spend. I have some long trips coming up and really want to have ability to fill and release as needed. After up hitching and driving with the air is not very enjoyable, plus it messes up my headlight adjustment. Thanks for the info

DocFather

I have had both the Firestone Bags and now the Air-Lift (Wireless Remote) on 2 different trucks. Both have been flawless and reliable.

jdfishing

I've had the Firestone air bags w/gauges and compressor for eight years and love it. Just used it to air up my pin box. Comes in real handy.

GlenStMary

I use an Airlift compressor with an on the dash gauge and have the compressor mounted on the inside of the trucks cab frame. The compressor is out of the weather and road spray and the on the dash gauge makes it very easy to fill or dump the bags as needed. I also routed the air hose out under the trucks tag so if I ever have a need for an emergency air source I can use that outlet to fill whatever

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Being a bit frugal I opted for the "cigarette lighter" compressor to inflate the airbags. It works fine for that purpose. When I went to use it to top off the tires (compressor rated for 130psi) I learned that it just doesn't produce enough volume for anything but emergency use on tires.
Since our Cyclone has a generator I opted for the $140 Porter Cable pancake compressor. It weighs in at about 35lbs and can be used for much more than just inflating airbags
The convenience of "in truck" adjustment of the airbags is great but I would think that after a while you learn what pressure is required and adjustments enroute would be rare.

pegmikef

Airlift with the gauge and controls mounted on the underside of the steering console. Works great. I also carry a Viair 450P 12V compressor in my tool box that has a 100 percent duty cycle and is capable of filling my 614s to the required 110 psi.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I bought the Air Lift hard wired auto setup. It works the same as the old Cadillac level ride. Works great and is cheaper than the wireless system. Set it up to work "key on or off". I did not install a guage as I felt there was no need to cause I did not want to bore a hole in the firewall. The system pumps up the truck to keep it level as you add weight.

Dave49

I have the Air Lift compressor for my Firestone air bags. No problems with any of it and it's been in going on 3 yrs. The gauge for the compressor is on the remote. Put it on the visor and ready to go. I should also state that I have the Porter Cable pancake compressor also for my tires and a couple air tools I carry.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've had the Firestone air bags w/gauges and compressor for eight years and love it. Just used it to air up my pin box. Comes in real handy.

I have the same setup as John. It has served me well.
The guages are nice because you don't have to keep putting a tire pressure guage on the air bags. It does come in handy for topping off tires and airing up my TrailAire pinbox also. Trace

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We did find out that these little compressors wont do the job for tires over 80 psi. Right Trace?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the firestone airbags with the wireless Airlift controller and compressor. The only thing we have had so far is the relay went out.