Hitch mounted on the rear of my 3670RL

seabee

I need to find out what kinda hitch to put on the rear of my trailer to pull my 1500lb Polaris 6x6 on a two wheel trailer,I had talked with a man that was buying a 3670 and was going to haul his Harley full dress on a rack on the rear said they told him at Heartland it would be fine.
So I though one of you might know or have done it.
Thanks
Seabee:confused:

jpmorgan37

seabee;

I can assure you that no one at Heartland told him it would be fine. Possibly a dealer gave him that information. This question has come up many times on the forum and has been answered by Heartland. On the other hand, many owners have attached a variety of hitch types and styles to their fifth wheels to pull or carry a variety of items. Go to a shop that specializes in installing hitches and I am sure they can provide you with a reliable hitch that you can pull your two wheeled trailer and your Polaris. Do a search here and you should find a lot of information including a post from Scott at Heartland.

John

ChopperBill

Our dealer had an out side source install a hitch on ours. Did a fantastic job. Have and Aluminum trailer and haul two Polaris's and now at times a Ranger RZR. VERY little tongue weight. Cant even tell its there. Still if we are close to home Renee will tow our stuff with the other pickup. Double towing is a PITA no matter how far you have to go. Suppose Lippert will deny any warranty even if it is not related to the hitch but we will be out of warranty in a short time any how. Lots of folks do it and have heard of no problems.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
seabee said:
I need to find out what kinda hitch to put on the rear of my trailer to pull my 1500lb Polaris 6x6 on a two wheel trailer,I had talked with a man that was buying a 3670 and was going to haul his Harley full dress on a rack on the rear said they told him at Heartland it would be fine.
Thanks
I can almost guarantee you that a full dress Harley at about 800# will most certainly put him overweight. Especially that far aft of the axles. Plus it will reduce pin weight making a potentially unsafe towing situation. But Hey! It's his trailer and I suppose he can do as he pleases with it. Just my nickel.

seabee

rear frame mount hitch

jpmorgan37 said:
seabee;

I can assure you that no one at Heartland told him it would be fine. Possibly a dealer gave him that information. This question has come up many times on the forum and has been answered by Heartland. On the other hand, many owners have attached a variety of hitch types and styles to their fifth wheels to pull or carry a variety of items. Go to a shop that specializes in installing hitches and I am sure they can provide you with a reliable hitch that you can pull your two wheeled trailer and your Polaris. Do a search here and you should find a lot of information including a post from Scott at Heartland.

John

I have no way to know how you know or reason to doubt you or the guy that told me about being told his Big Horn will handle a 2000lb load plus I have no intention of loading a trailer tongue that heavy.

Thank you for the post and the info on Scott's post I will check it out.
Seabee

Forrest Fetherolf

seabee said:
Thanks

Caution..........you may want to do serious calculations regarding double tow with the 3670 and what ever your tow vehicle is, with the weight and length you could be asking for big trouble..............not only the safety of your family and others on the road, law enforcement might have a major concern.

Forrest

seabee

I know how to load a trailer after all I drove truck for 35 years and the load I want to haul is minimal tongue weight but I thank you for your response I do respect that.
One thing is I will use a remote camera so if I have a problem I can see it.
Seabee

seabee

hitch mounted on rear of my 3670

retired4fun said:
Our dealer had an out side source install a hitch on ours. Did a fantastic job. Have and Aluminum trailer and haul two Polaris's and now at times a Ranger RZR. VERY little tongue weight. Cant even tell its there. Still if we are close to home Renee will tow our stuff with the other pickup. Double towing is a PITA no matter how far you have to go. Suppose Lippert will deny any warranty even if it is not related to the hitch but we will be out of warranty in a short time any how. Lots of folks do it and have heard of no problems.

Hey Thanks for your post we are coming up on a year in April so warranty will not be a problem I will be having a hitch put on by a shop that preforms these tasks.
Its one of those things that if its to much of a hassle I will just tow it to Co from AZ behind my truck just hate to spend the extra fuel but its worth it no mater what it cost its our toy.
Thanks so much for you response and addressing the topic.
Seabee:)

sharmulst

We had a hitch put on our BH3500RL for towing a small single rail motorcycle trailer. We have a HD883 sportster and this has worked very well. Have a remote camera mounted in the trailer to keep an eye on it and have been happy with that. Had a reliable trailer tech in Derby, KS install it.
The only problem is that you can't triple tow in FL, AL or GA and many east coast states as well as WA and OR, so had to leave it in storage in Louisiana while in FL. Steve did speak with a highway patrolman in Tallahassee and he said no to triple tow, so glad we left it. We were over by about 100 pounds of our combined weight of 21000. Had thought of putting a carrier on the back of the trailer but was concerned with what it would do to the pin weight.