Table won't open

bsuds

We have a 2011 3250ts and have opened the table several times when we have guests for dinner. On our last trip we could not budge the table! It just won't open any more than about a half inch.

Any ideas out there? Has anyone else run into this problem? WE RV a lot with our Good Sam club and frequenly have guests so it is a must for this to work.

dbbls59

You are removing the strap that snaps in place to hold it shut aren't you? Look underneath and see if the leaf has somehow bounced up and is catching. This is all I could think of.

bsuds

You are removing the strap that snaps in place to hold it shut aren't you? Look underneath and see if the leaf has somehow bounced up and is catching. This is all I could think of.

Thanks but that's not the problem.

DonnyB007

I am thinking it must be sticky wood dowels that insert from one-half of your table top to the other. You could try going under table, then with a slot head screw driver gently wedge it into the crack and turn the screw driver. That should be enough force to pop it open. Then once it is open, take a bar of soap and rub it on all the dowels.

If it happens again, you might want to take a fine rasp or sand paper and take off some wood on each wood dowel. Just a light sanding/ rasping should do it.

oh and give any metal parts a good spray with WD40

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have a 2011 3250ts and have opened the table several times when we have guests for dinner. On our last trip we could not budge the table! It just won't open any more than about a half inch.

Any ideas out there? Has anyone else run into this problem? WE RV a lot with our Good Sam club and frequenly have guests so it is a must for this to work.

bsuds, is your table one that the end pulls out about 10"? Check under the storage end of the table for something restricting the action of the mechanical function. Often our problem is the opposite and we have trouble closing it.

We had the same model with the same problem. Your leaf has shifted to the side and is blocking the table slide from opening. You may be able to insert something to move it or if not you will have to unsrew the table top to tilt it so the leaf will move from one side to the other. Make sure to check to see how you have the top stored. If I remeber right we stored ours with the table top facing down to prevent this from happening again but I am not sure. Hope this helps.

bsuds

We had the same model with the same problem. Your leaf has shifted to the side and is blocking the table slide from opening. You may be able to insert something to move it or if not you will have to unsrew the table top to tilt it so the leaf will move from one side to the other. Make sure to check to see how you have the top stored. If I remeber right we stored ours with the table top facing down to prevent this from happening again but I am not sure. Hope this helps.

I'm thinking this might be the problem and will try this in the spring. It's turned cold here now and the TT is put away for the winter.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will post what I find when I fix it.

bsuds

Thanks everyone, it was +8c this morning so I took a look at the table. I removed the 4 screws on the legs holding the top on. Lifted the table and gave it a tap on the floor. Voila the leaf came loos inside and the table opened.
It took me a bit to align the screws with the holes but it's now back together and working. Trick is don't let the DW put the extension leaf away! lol

MTPockets

Not familiar with other models, but we expanded our table, put in the leaf and just leave it expanded all the time. It's not interfering with anything and it's nice to have the extra space. I made a longer strap to hold it together when we travel.