Landmark Pinehurst Pictures (post 1 of 2)

jbeletti

For Tom and others who are interested, below are 10 of 17 images that I took of a couple of Landmark Pinehurst models.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/exterior_full_shot_door_side.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/exterior_rear_cap.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/exterior_bedroom_slide_with_cables.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/exterior_goodyear_tire.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/livingroom_rear_cap_chairs.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/livingroom_sofa.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/livingroom_entertainment_center.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/kitchen_dinette.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/kitchen_layout.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/kitchen_layout_2.jpg

jbeletti

Landmark Pinehurst Pictures (post 2 of 2)

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/kitchen_layout_3.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/coat_closet_stairs.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/bathroom_door_into_bedroom.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/bathroom_shower.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/bathroom_sink.jpg //heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/bedroom_bed_and_wardrobe.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmark/Pinehurst/bedroom_bed_storage.jpg

SmokeyBare

One More Question??

What are the two Cables/Wires on the slide out... (?Bedroom Slide?) The one above the window was tight and the one below the window was a little slack... What are they for?

Thanks for the Photos Jim !

Marv

ChopperBill

Pleasantly surprised they don't have the "oil rubbed bronze" fixtures and the new shower. Two changes that I didn't care for in the Bighorns.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thanks for the pictures Jim. I think I like what they did with the entertainment center but what happened to the desk area? I hope the pic of the Goodyear tire isn't just a tease. I really like the doors for the bathroom area, very nice.

As for the previously mentioned cables on the bedroom slide. From what I was told by an employee of Heartland is that on large slides like the bedroom slide they found the cable system (electric motor) works much better. I believe there has to be more to the story because the rear slides on most of their coaches are much larger than any bedroom slide and they still use hydraulics for those large rear slides. I suppose I wouldn't mind the cables but I for see rusty cables that will probably leave some rust residue on the coach from rain or "sweating", never mind the ugly look of the rusty cable when the slide is out. Maybe Heartland can find a way to enclose the cable, out of sight out of mind.

Can't wait to see one in person.

Mark

K

Ken Washington

Marv,
Those cables are for pulling the slide in. I have seen that on other models and did not like them.

Ken

P.S. Forgot to say that I saw one unit where the cable and bracket came loose and did some damage when slide was retracted. If you get one of these, keep an eye on them!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I wonder where they found the fabric. Not really to my liking. Maybe I am just too traditional..

jbeletti

You guys have some good eyes. But you know that I knew you'd spot every change ;) I'll try to address your comments the best I can.

Bedroom Slide Mechanism:
According to Scott Lytle at Heartland Engineering for Landmark, due to the length of the slide room and the off-center placement of the bed, it was not practical to use a conventional hydraulic slide mechanism. Instead, an electrically driven 4 cable system was engineered. The motor is housed in the space below the wardrobe cabinet within the slide-out.

Decors:
There are presently 3 decor choices. In the pictures I put up, it is the more contemporary decor called Midnight. There is also Slate and Harvest. There are swatch board photos elsewhere on the forum and I think they are on the factory website. Of the 3 choices, we chose Harvest.

Goodyear Tires:
I just got clearance to break the news. All Landmarks shipping from this point forward will be shipped with Goodyear tires!

Fully Laminated Floor:
While not visible but "a big deal" - All Landmarks built from this point forward will have fully laminated lower and upper floors. This means they are built much the same as the side walls in terms of process. I 'believe" that the perimeter is aluminum framed with wood trusses on the interior. Not sure if the insulation is block foam or fiberglass. I assume the heating duct is built into this process. It is all assembled and laminated together with a top and bottom substrate. Sorry that my details are minimal at this time. But this is a big deal in terms of the integrity of the floor system. Go bounce up and down in a new Landmark near you! Note again that like the Goodyear tires, this is a feature of Landmarks being built and shipped right now and going forward.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thanks for the additional information Jim.

I wish it were true but the Heartland website is still poorly out of date with regards to the Landmark section. I have sent my observations of the website to Coley but have yet to see any updates. When I sent my observations to Heartland I tried to stress that their website is some people's "first impression" of the company.

Anyway, Linda and I are still very excited about upgrading to a Landmark. I like that Heartland continues to make improvements to their lines. Can't wait to see a Pinehurst in person.

Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and happy holiday.

Mark

SmokeyBare

Jim,
Thanks again for the Photos and the Answers to the questions.

I too will watch with a careful eye the "new to me" use of wire rope cables to move the bedroom slide back and forth. I too need to see it work... but if it's not a high grade Stainless Steel wire rope... having it out for a long period of time could present maintance problems if rust was to begin to develope.

For some of us who started out camping in a "Pop-Up" trailer... with wire rope cables... we eventually learned the cables could Rust.... stretch... and often simply break...

Beyond that... What a fine looking RV !! Beautiful detail to the cabinets and interior design.

Marv

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, Sorry about not posting earlier but we had to make it back to Michigan for the Holidays to see the family. I want to thank you for the timely pics now to just see one in person. We do like what we see and it does look like Heartland is doing a good job of listening. Do I detect a swtich on the door side slideout for the overhead light over the kitchen table? Hope so. There are other things we would like to see changed but those will be brought up if and when we decide to buy.

Heartland is not the first to use the wire rope for their slides. I have seen them on other coaches, do not ask me which ones as I cannot remember at the moment. I have never seen anyone having trouble with them but that does not mean they are perfect. I guess only time will tell.

Again thanks for the pics and info, greatly appreciated.

Heading back to the RGV in 7 days:D