new Gateway owners

1_oldgoat

Hi all
Marcus and Shelli here from southern Idaho and proud new owners of a Gateway 3500 RE!! We did alot of research before making this our new home away from home. We are part timers, 4-6 months a yr on the road and this is our first fifth wheel. I took delivery November 6th 2014 and we are heading out the 18th on our first trip, we wanted to shake this out before spring arrives so we can head out knowing any issues are handled.
The dealership we bought this from is new to the product line so i didn't get alot of help answering questions during my walk through and have a couple of things that need adressed. I have made repairs myself to the kitchen sink, it leaked water everywhere from loose fittings and made some drawyer adjustments, the big thing is my offdoor slide does not close flush and the tech told me he didn't think it would leak and was fine however i believe the slide should be flush with the outside wall all around, it is except for the top right corner which sticks out 2-3 inchs when closed and when open dosn't drop dow enough for the floor to be level on the right side either.....any ideas on how to adjust it would be appreciated.
I looked at HUD but am not sure which system this uses.
I'll let you all know how our first trip goes!! Thank you all in advance for any help or ideas on my slide problem
Marcus

1_oldgoat

Marcus here, i wanted to mention the dealership we bought our Gateway from, sold us the first unit to leave thier lot so i understand they are in a learning period as well, the samesman and the tech who did our walk through were both great to deal with. The tech did repair a closet door lock that was broken and would have adjusted a drawyer but i told him i would take care of it myself.
We did not get an owners manual with the unit like we have with our other rv's but i don't know if there is one available. The salesman is going to get answers for questions i had that he or his tech couldn't answer from the Gateway rep.
I just read a post about hydraulic slides on a Gateway, however mine are electric so Heartland must be switching from one type to another depending on model and number of slides would be my guess.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look in all the drawers, cabinets and under the bed for a blue pouch.
This pouch should have a basic owners manual as well as information on all of the add ons, like microwave, TV, furnace etc.
If you don't find it, your dealer should be able to get one from Heartland.

Peace
Dave

greg7140

Mine was behind the fireplace? Thought that was a strange place...but as Dave said it was in a blue zippered pouch.

I think we also were the first to purchase a Gateway from our dealer. They had 6 identical 3200RS's in stock when we bought ours and think in the past 3 or 4 months have sold 4 of them now. We had a few issues with our PDI that are being taken care of right now before taking the RV to Florida for the winter. The two biggest we had were the hitch cover was cracked and split in a couple of places and there was a 1/8th inch hole in our awning. But quality seemed to be much better than the 2008 SOB ToyHauler that we traded in on the Gateway.

So far we are very happy with the Gateway. The DW got everything she wanted when we started looking for a new RV...about the only thing I didn't get was the 6 point level up. But I guess I could always have it installed if I really wanted to...we only leave about 2.5 hours for the factory.

1_oldgoat

Greg, Jenny and Dave,
Thank u for thd reply, i did get the std blue pouch but there was nothing as far as basic trailer information, it had the warrenty book and the appliance info, tv ,stereo ect but nothing on the rv for general use.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Look in WIKI at the top of the portal page. It is full of information that you might need. Slides can be adjusted and you could contact Lippert and ask them about it.