Refrigerator Vent Question

J-W&E

Our refrigerator is located in the slide-out part of our Landmark. We noticed some wasp flying at the top vent, so we removed to put some spray at the opening to keep them out.

When opening the UPPER VENT, there is white fiberglass insulation in front of the vent opening. I wonder if this should be there because it seems it would prevent air flow from the vent?

Has anyone checked to see if they have insulation in the upper vent? Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Well it took me a little while to get around to looking at m refer, but there is no insulation by the vent door. I believe yours may have come off from the top of the unit. Good luck.

sdagro

Our refrigerator is located in the slide-out part of our Landmark. We noticed some wasp flying at the top vent, so we removed to put some spray at the opening to keep them out.

When opening the UPPER VENT, there is white fiberglass insulation in front of the vent opening. I wonder if this should be there because it seems it would prevent air flow from the vent?

Has anyone checked to see if they have insulation in the upper vent? Please let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Check the other refer question thread on here. That is a baffle that was placed in there to direct the air flow over the top fins to cool them to make fridge actually work right. Been dealing with issue on mine for the 3 months I've owned it. If unit works . Leave it alone!! Steve A. Dagro

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine is similar and the chunk of insulation was jammed on top of the fan. I stuffed it along the side of the freezer where it should be to insulate the cabinet next to it from becoming an oven. Having it up against the cover grate and sitting on the fan only restricts air flow. Taping or epoxying some screening on the grate openings might be a better way to keep nasties from making a home in there.

Northern Virginia
The insulation probably came from the top or side of the refrigerator. You should be able to see with a flashlight which side it needs to go back to. It definitely doesn't go in front of the vent.

John