pinbox popping

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I was wondering if all new Mor/Ryde pinboxes make popping noises when you take the coach out after you install it. It did seem to quiet down after a short trip, but is still not completely gone. It did seem to help stop the chucking on rough roads. The coach is in the shop for repairs at this time, so I will see what happens when I pick it up next week. Any suggestions would be welcome. Oh yea, "tdharley" has a bug:eek: on his postings, whats up with that?:confused: Merry Christmas to all :) Bob, Pat and "Baby" the nutso cat

ChopperBill

I think its catching! :eek:

!cid_001901c78930$d7712320$6500a8c0@r7o8b7.gif

jpmorgan37

Bob;
I don't have any popping with my pinbox. And it did eliminate the majority of the chucking. I would probably check the torque on the bolts. I think that they are 110 ft pounds. I will try to find out for sure and let you know if it's different.
John

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
I was told by a sales person for another brand (Excell) we were considering before this purchase, that you may find some noise IF you don't have a teflon plate on the kingpin. He also made a somewhat logical point that how you load the unit and the pin weight may have some bearing. We ordered our 3055 with the Trail-air pin and suspension and I can't tell a definitive difference from our 38' Doubletree without an assisting pin box or not. I still realize some of the "chucking". I'm not completely disappointed, but not as happy as I thought I'd be. DW said she can't tell any difference. Maybe the length of the units have some bearing, as well.

Bob&Patty

Bugs Bugs

OK you guys, I get it. Now if I can figure out how you do that, Im going to put 3 on mine. Maybe they will make a lot of little bugs so I can have a whole screen full:eek: :eek: Now back to the pinbox question???? Normal or not???:confused: Chopper you "RAT FINK":rolleyes:. JP, 110ft lbs is what Mor/Ryde told me, but you know this is the first time I hooked up to the coach and pulled it with weight on the pinbox. Your the only one who does'nt have bugs. I do have the teflon wear ring and I put a little grease on the hitch jaws. Bob :D :D

jpmorgan37

No bugs. I don't like 'em. They bite and some stink real bad when you smoosh 'em. Anyway, I have the teflon ring also and try to keep my hitch mechanism well greased. I don't use much grease the jaws though.

Bob&Patty

No Bugs

JP, I just put a little Lithium grease on the jaws only because metal on metal will wear with out some lubing. I guess I will call Mor/Ryde and ask them if the noise is normal when it is new. It could be just the pinbox bolts settling in. Bob :D :D

jpmorgan37

Bob;

You might spray a little Silicone on the slide bars and the surface where the pads move around also.

John

Bob&Patty

JP, I just go off the phone with Doug at Mor/Ryde. He told me that he does not think that is normal and keep him in the loop if the problem persists. So when pickup the coach I will see what happens. Thanks. Bob:D :D