Through the counter soap dispenser

yport

Was so use to the installed soap dispensers on our former coach, we had to install on our new Big Horn.

Found the matching colors for our bathroom faucet online ... was an easy drill/install and here's the final look.

As soon as I find the matching colors for the kitchen island sink, will do the same thing.

DSC07306.jpgDSC07303.jpg

wrgrs50s

Great idea! I have the same color faucet and was wondering where you purchased the soap dispenser and what size hole and type of bit you used? Would love to do this to mine.

yport

Hi Walter

Bought the soap dispenser on eBay here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250791202033?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Once located where I wanted to install - it was easier for me on the left side of faucet due to piping underneath in closet - just need to measure 3 times :) to be certain where you want to drill. Then place masking tape over top of counter where you will drill to protect from any chip out (that was just a precaution I took). I had previously contacted the factory for suggested bits in the counter material ... they said any good standard hole saw, or spade bit, or forstner bit should work fine.

Surprisingly the directions didn't say how large a hole. I used a 1 1/8" spade bit and drilled a test hole in piece of scrap wood. Perfect !!

Then I just drilled slow and steady. Someone on the forum suggested first running the bit in reverse to score the surface slightly before going forward to also help with possible chipping. I did that but don't think it had any bearing on the results. Hole came out real clean and should there be any minor chipping the dispenser flange in going to cover anyway.

It was actually real easy to drill. Then get your vaccuum out :)

Good luck ...

Glenn