Washer/dryer

bulldawg

What is involved with installing a washer and dryer in a Gateway 3200RS that is prepped for the washer/dryer? Is there an installation Kit?

jimtoo

Hi bulkdawg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know of a kit that you can buy, but if you do install washer/dryer I think most folks do install a pan underneath with drain in case of water leak just for safety measures.

I'm sure you will get more and better info from some of our other members that have done an install.

Jim M

I am moving the thread to a better area for you also.

davusmc

I recently installed the "Slendide Ariston" stackables and needed to purchase separately from the vendor, the 1. Stacking kit, 2. Venting kit. and 3. the Drain pan. I purchased the rest of the hardware from Home Depot. FYI, there is a very good post on this forum complete with color photos of an install of a combination unit. The prep work is the same for the stackables. Good Luck and don't get in a hurry.

brianharrison

Measure all of the doorways before you embark on your install to make sure the new washer dryer will fit through - you may have to remove some trim or doors if you have tight fits.....

The washer is a PITA to maneuver through tight spaces.

Brian

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're getting a combo unit, enlist some "Mongo's" to help move it, especially if it's going in the bedroom closet. Thing weighs close to 150 lbs. Doing repairs on mine in the closet, I found putting furniture sliders under the feet makes it easy to move within the limited space. Mine was dealer installed and they did not put in the drain pan. After mine developed a leak, I got the pan kit to install next spring, along with the replacement water distribution assembly. If you're in cold climate, be sure to FULLY winterize the washer per the instructions. I used the short cut method and got the leak. The water distribution assembly turned into a mini-Old Faithful, found when water was observed dripping from the king pin. Speaking with Splendide, they said the only time they've encountered a problem with that part was when water froze in it and cracked the internal channel walls.

View attachment 27727

ParkIt

This whole freezing stuff is a mess any given year, looks like you have had fun with it too John.
Kinda glad we got the washer/dryer closet in the bathroom area, the door openings are wider and its easier to put a vent and pan with a drain outlet straight down outside the unit...just in case ;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This problem was my own fault for taking a shortcut. Besides, if I didn't have things to do with the rig or our house, I'd probably be fat and lazy, passed out in front of the boob tube.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bulldawg. I found a couple of post that have some pics of the installation.
A quick search for 'Ariston' found THIS and THIS.
Hope that helps some.

Peace
Dave