What to pay for exterior cleaning and wax job

wingfoot

For health reasons I am unable to wax/clean my 5r and don't have a clue what would be the cost involved to hire it performed. The exterior is in reasonably good shape but needs some light oxidation removed and wax applied. I'm sure the cost would vary based on the expertise but need a "ball park" figure. It's a 2008 3400RE Bighorn.
Any "guess-ta-mints" would be appreciated...

Larry

yport

Have paid $350 in a Florida resort ... the come to the site and took 3-4 hours ... I had a 38' 5'er at the time

alex00

You may want to check some of the big truck stops in your area. My local truck wash charges less than a buck a foot for RV washing. Many offer detail service as well, so I bet they can quote you for a hand wax too.

Mizmary

Wow. We are getting a steal in SoCal. The last wash on our 4100 cost $100. And for $200 (or thereabouts) they will wax. They come to us at the rv park. Come visit I'll give you the details!

JanAndBill

You may want to check some of the big truck stops in your area. My local truck wash charges less than a buck a foot for RV washing. Many offer detail service as well, so I bet they can quote you for a hand wax too.

You might want to avoid the truck stops with your RV. We used them regularly on our over the road trucks, because most of time we didn't have a choice. At that time they used some pretty harsh chemicals, and a lot of them injected an abrasive into the stream. They got the trucks clean, but the cumulative effect would take it's toll on the paint.

hoefler

When I was in Vegas, they came to us and washed and waxed the Landmark and truck and detailed the truck inside for $300.00

wingfoot

Thanks guys...this give me an idea..looks like somewhere around $350.00 would be fair...Just curious though..did any of you guys have any oxidation? As I stated in my original post, I have light oxidation and it's been my experience that wax alone will perhaps not be enough. Those of you that got your rigs waxed, did they remove any oxidation?

Thanks again,
Larry

TXTiger

Most charge by the foot. A simple wash may only be $1.00 per foot not including the roof. $2 to $3 a foot would include the roof. If you want your rig to be waxed also it seems to be about $5 to $10 a foot. I paid $350 for a full wash and wax the first time and $375 the second time. I went to the self spray wash between waxes and used about $20 in quarters. MzMary who do you use. That sounds like a great price.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
We paid $275 in Reno this spring for a wash from top of roof down and hand waxed. Our 3010re has partial paint and I wax the nose every month.

hoefler

I had light oxidation on the front cap, they polished it out nicely. They also washed the roof. When they detailed the truck, they scrubbed the fender wells, de-haired the cab completely ( we travel with 2 dogs and a cat ), cleaned every where!!! The truck looked like it came off the showroom floor, and the Landmark, for being and 06, looked pretty darn good as well!

Ladiver

This is more a question regarding my Cyclone and not the original poster...

Does the entire coach need to be waxed? I thought the gel coat did not need it?

Mizmary

JV mobile detailing is who we used. 619.279.6482

We agreed that it was a great price. I'm not sure he charged us enough and might charge us more next time. 😋 I think he underestimated the size of the rig. I'll let you know after December when we have him out to wax!