Furnace will not restart

dwoodell

When I first turn on my furnace everything works fine. I toggle my dometic digital thermostat to furnace, I hear the relay in the overhead fan click, the blower start, and within 5-10 seconds the igniters ignite and hot air is blowing out of the ducts. My issue is that when the temperature inside the coach has reached the desired temperature the furnace and fan shut off but will not restart after the 2 degree drop in temperature. The only way I can get the furnace to come back on is to turn the furnace off and wait several seconds then turn it back on. Is this a thermostat issue or another issue? My coach is a 2012 Elkridge 37 Ultimate. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mizmary

We recently had that same issue. After a new control board and limit switch (paid for by suburban under warranty with no issues) and a little love from heartland to our mobile rv guy the problem is fixed. It did take a couple of weeks to get parts in - but since we used a mobile guy I didn't have to deal with dealership issues. Suburban was surprisingly nice to deal with.

Hope you can get it fixed!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
dwoodell,
FWIW, our thermostat will not restart with only a two degree drop. The heater won't fire until there is a three to five degree differential between the thermostat setting and the temperature in the room. Trace

azbigfoot

Could be a faulty or misconfigured thermostat. I know with some home thermostats there is a setting called the swing. The thermostat will not call for heat/cooling unless the temperature changes by a set number of degrees (swing). You might want to check the thermostat manual and see if there is an internal jumper for adjusting the swing temperature or look for a higher quality thermostat that gives you an adjustable swing on the control panel.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I first turn on my furnace everything works fine. I toggle my dometic digital thermostat to furnace, I hear the relay in the overhead fan click, the blower start, and within 5-10 seconds the igniters ignite and hot air is blowing out of the ducts. My issue is that when the temperature inside the coach has reached the desired temperature the furnace and fan shut off but will not restart after the 2 degree drop in temperature. The only way I can get the furnace to come back on is to turn the furnace off and wait several seconds then turn it back on. Is this a thermostat issue or another issue? My coach is a 2012 Elkridge 37 Ultimate. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Are you saying if you go to sleep and the furnace is running, you wake up in the middle of the night freezing because it never came back on? Or are you saying it runs, it shuts off, you get uncomfortable and think "furnace should be running by now?"

I ask because I thought the same as the second scenario. We switched from the analog Dometic thermostat to a digital Hunter, and the furnace seems to come on with a much less temperature differential (one degree). It makes the overall temp more consistent, instead of going from too hot to too cold and back... Which was the case before we switched.

We also had an instance where the heat didn't come on overnight. Turns out that was a low propane tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk