Owners manuals

drsasser

Hello and thanks for the great forum, Lots of good information here!

We recently traded a 2002 Winnebago Journey motorhome to a 2014 Heartland Prowler model 289, We purchased the motorhome in 2010 and loved it but it turned into a money pit, just too many little things went wrong so we decided to try a fifth wheel as I'm close to retirement and need to save as much as possible in the few months.

My first impression of the prowler is good but one thing I noticed is the lack of specific models in the owner's manual, It is very generic in nature and doesn't really tell me anything about my 5er and to say the least I'm disappointed.

Nowhere in the owners manual does it say that there's a quick coupling to hook a outside grill, I found it while crawling under it looking around, Also the light switches and slide controls are hidden behind a door and not at all conveniently located,

I'm know with use we will get use to where everything is located.

Thanks for the great forum and I will frequent it often.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Drsasser and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here.
Most owners manuals are very generic.
You can look in the 'Tools' area at the top of the page. There may be some information there that you can use.
If you ever have any questions you can ask here on the forum. Great people willing to help out.

Peace
Dave

JanAndBill

Hello, and welcome to the group. Like you we went from a Winnebago to a trailer, but unlike you we weren't really having that many problems other than normal wear and tear. We put a little over 70 K on ours and loved it. The documentation was very detailed on it. We downsized to a travel trailer SOB, and while we quickly learned we went to small, the quality of the unit was excellent, no problems and again the documentation that came with the trailer was very detailed. We got our Bighorn in November last year, and havent' had many problems, mostly little annoying things, but we were immediately suprised at the lack of documentation. The "HUG" section under tools above is the place to go for information (much of which has been written by owners rather than the mfg).

pegmikef

Hello and thanks for the great forum, Lots of good information here!

Nowhere in the owners manual does it say that there's a quick coupling to hook a outside grill, I found it while crawling under it looking around,
Thanks for the great forum and I will frequent it often.

FYI that quick connect is low pressure so you can't use a grill that has a regulator since the propane is on the output side of the trailer regulator. You are lucky, my North Trail just had a stub where the outlet was and I had to find my own connectors. I used the Olympian 5500 grill with mine.