ordered samples for glass treatment on cupboards

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I had stated in another post that I didn't much care for the glass on some of our interior cupboards being translucent enough to see through. I found this company and have just sent for samples (free) and will update once I get them and let folk know how they are.

www.decorativefilm.com

They have the best selection at a reasonable price that I found.

jmorgan had another great idea using heavy paper that I am going to use for blackouting?? hows that for a word,,, our bedroom windows but would also work for the glass cupboards!

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
What an interesting solution for the bedroom area. We have just ordered new blackout shades for the bedroom and I'll be interested to see how those work for you. We are considering a shade for the shower skylight, and this may work in that area, as well. Keep us informed.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
If you're even a tiny bit "crafty" you might also try a product called Gallery Glass. It's available at most craft stores. They have patterns, pre-made designs and you can make your own as well. It looks a lot like stained glass, and most can't tell unless they look realy close. You apply it either to the glass itself (you'd have to lay the cabinet doors flat) or you can apply it to a "blank" and then peel off and apply after it sets, but before it really hardens. (a few days)
They do have the crackle glass medium, which looks like what is in my cabinet cabinet doors now. I have done several pieces, large and small, including my front door on my house. It dries fairly hard, but can be removed with a razor blade. Its water soluable, comes in squeeze tubes and isn't too messy to use. Ebay has the best prices for kits, but if you're limiting to a couple colors, craft store is OK too.
If you send me your email I can send a photo. I haven't figured out how to do them on here yet.

SmokeyBare

On our old RV, I installed window tinting. I was able to find different length rolls in Lowe's and I'm sure Home Depot or any home building supply store would carry it as well.

What I liked about it was it's reflective look from the outside. This helped reflect the heat of the sun. It also made it very difficult to see inside the RV. Last, it darkened the window, yet we could still see through the windows.

Easy to apply, I only needed a rubber squeegie to smooth out the air bubbles between the film and the window... Water Spray bottle... a Razor knife to cut the edges close to the window frame... other tools were a tape measure, straight edge, and table to work from.

Cut the film to a rough size.... spray the water on a clean window... apply and work out the bubbles with the squeegie... cut the edges close to the frame.... let dry.

Just a thought... Marv