ATF: North Trail - Digital Thermostat Upgrade

Catchum

i would like to upgrade my analog theremostat to a digital one. i am having alittle trouble locating one with a high/low fan speed. any information would be greatly appreciated. my roof top a/c is a coleman mach III.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When looking for a digital thermostat, I doubt you will find one with a high/low switch.
But the good news is that you can easily add a switch and have the high/low function.
If you look in the WIKI, you will find several 'how to' thermostat conversions.
HERE IS THE PAGE you will want.
I have done it a couple of times and it is an easy job.

Peace
Dave

Catchum

When looking for a digital thermostat, I doubt you will find one with a high/low switch.
But the good news is that you can easily add a switch and have the high/low function.
If you look in the WIKI, you will find several 'how to' thermostat conversions.
HERE IS THE PAGE you will want.
I have done it a couple of times and it is an easy job.

Peace
Dave

thanks dave. i appreciate the information.

jnv

We just ordered and received a Rv Comfort Coleman-mach 12 volt digital thermostat. It does have a high/low fan control. The part number is AM7855. We ordered it thru Amazon at a cost of $71.99. We won't be installing it until spring, but all the wiring is correct. Hope this helps you.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Installing the Hunter thermostat shown in the Wiki link is pretty simple, but it does not have a hi/low switch. Adding on is pretty easy and the switch can be found at Radio Shack. I did mine some time ago and have found that the AC doesn't like running on low fan for long. If it's hot and humid and the fan is on low, you'll create a model of the Humboldt Glacier under the cowling. I always run mine on High fan now.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Installing the Hunter thermostat shown in the Wiki link is pretty simple, but it does not have a hi/low switch. Adding on is pretty easy and the switch can be found at Radio Shack. I did mine some time ago and have found that the AC doesn't like running on low fan for long. If it's hot and humid and the fan is on low, you'll create a model of the Humboldt Glacier under the cowling. I always run mine on High fan now.

I realized we've never run our AC fan on low, so we opted not to add the switch. The digital thermostat is more sensitive and holds the temperature much better than the Dometic analog that came in our coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

priorguy

There us also a post under North Trail - Modifications about exactly thus topic with photos. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk