Couch options in the 4100

pharmafrog

All,

As we finalize the choices on our RV, we are are wondering what couch options there are for the 4100 King.

What is the length of the area that the couch sits in?

What couches in other models would fit that space?

Will the factory switch couches out from another model or maybe a RW model?

I feel that since they come down the same assembly line, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

scottyb

I am not a fan of the couch in my 4100. My intentions are to exchange it for 2 theatre seats and a 4 chair dinette. I will probably get them from a furniture store and not a RV supplier. Toy haulers do make it much easier to remove or add furniture due to the garages and sliding doors. Good luck on your quest to get it changed. It's been stated here that they will only give a small credit for the standard furniture.

Mizmary

When you get your new furniture in take pics. We would love to have a dinette and a couch. Well, I would anyway. :)

pharmafrog

Do you not like your big couch because its not comfortable or because its a pain to put the table up and down? Our plan was to use the garage table for a sit down dinner inside. Is that not a good idea.

I am not a fan of the couch in my 4100. My intentions are to exchange it for 2 theatre seats and a 4 chair dinette. I will probably get them from a furniture store and not a RV supplier. Toy haulers do make it much easier to remove or add furniture due to the garages and sliding doors. Good luck on your quest to get it changed. It's been stated here that they will only give a small credit for the standard furniture.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You best bet would be to call HL and ask for A J Jones. You might be able to order it without the couch and buy your own after delivery. Make sure you measure twice and only have to install once.

scottyb

Do you not like your big couch because its not comfortable or because its a pain to put the table up and down? Our plan was to use the garage table for a sit down dinner inside. Is that not a good idea.

It's not comfortable, it is pleather instead of leather. It feels like I'm sitting in a hole on the back portion of the cushion. I can feel the metal frame of the recliners through the cushions at times. The recliners are pretty worthless to me. When reclined, the back hits about the middle of my shoulders with no support for my head. I have to stand on the couch to raise the pleated shades on the large window behind the couch. This is a huge shade and the pleats lose their memory quickly so you have to physically manipulate them to get them to fold correctly, all the way to the top. The couch just becomes an obstruction for this as well as trying to raise the small (but very stubborn) windows on each end of the slide. But this is all JMHO. As Oscar has mentioned, he likes his.

The garage table works great. It is large and good for setting up a buffet or sit down like a picnic table. The small tables for the living area are OK too. I had to wrestle them out of my dealer when I discovered that they were not present, but that's another story.

oscar

I have heard HL leaving the couch out on delivery, but as I recall the credit was minimal. Yes, getting to the big window shade can be a pain.

One of my kids lives on the thing, and regularly sleeps on it, while leaving enough room for two more people to sit and watch the tube. All eating is at the bar. (we bought padded stools) so it works well for us.

iowaone

There are three standard configurations you can order for any with the super slide. Check the brochure to see if any of those will for you.

mixie57

We hate our couch and would love to replace it with a couple of recliners/loveseat and dinette. The couch recliner nearest the TV is too close to watch TV, the middle one has sunk down quite a bit (I weigh only 130) and when it is cold outside, the cold air from the window flows freely to my backside. It is normally just my husband and myself and an assortment of animals. We bought the RV for OURselves, not the animals so the couch has to go. Is there a weight limit on the living room slideout?

alex00

We hate our couch and would love to replace it with a couple of recliners/loveseat and dinette. The couch recliner nearest the TV is too close to watch TV, the middle one has sunk down quite a bit (I weigh only 130) and when it is cold outside, the cold air from the window flows freely to my backside. It is normally just my husband and myself and an assortment of animals. We bought the RV for OURselves, not the animals so the couch has to go. Is there a weight limit on the living room slideout?

I don't see it on the website options list, but the paper (downloadable) Cyclone brochure shows the option to add a love seat and table & chairs or dinette in place of the couch. I'd believe the weight difference would be minimal. There was for a time a photo of 14(+/-) Heartland employees sitting on the couch of the 4100. Even if everyone in that photo was 100 lbs, you're still at 3/4 of a ton on that slide.

lpnlady

Hey found this post today. We are wondering if you ever did the switch ? We also want to do this? Pics?