2013 Cyclone 3110 Soft floor in kitchen area.???

Fireboss

This is my first attempt at posting on this forum, but here goes. We did our homework and found Heartland Cyclone was the best around for toy haulers, so we ordered a 2013 3110 HD loaded. We love the trailer and have only used it 3 times this year as its been in the shop for a few months. We have a soft spot in the floor right at the end of the kitchen island, directly below the Gfi outlet. It acts like 2 pieces of plywood that were not attached at a seem, as it flexes down 1/2-3/4" when stepped on. It has been to 2 different repair shops and now Heartland tells us this is a normal condition as their is a heat duct in the area. We have owned several 5th wheels over the years, this is our first toy hauler, but " Normal condition" Doesn't work for me. Has anyone of you 3110 owners have this problem.??? I checked 1 other 3110Hd and it was fine. Heartland tells us they wont do anything about this, they of course don't understand who their dealing with YET.???? Please anyone who can chime in for the good or bad, I would appreciate it. Thanks :cool:

jimtoo

Hi Fireboss,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have heard of some other folks asking about a soft spot in the floor. I don't remember anyone having a problem with it. Have you contacted Heartland yourself or is this what the dealer is telling you? If this is just from the dealer, I would suggest you call Heartland customer service, 877-262-8032, 574-262-8030 and ask for they Cyclone folks.

Let us know what you find out.

Jim M

oscar

Welcome to the party.

Way I see it, and this is the way I usually see it, you have two choices:

1 Beat your head against the wall and MAYBE force HL to fix the problem. It will take a lot of time and aggravation.

2 Get in there and fix it yourself. Sounds like a few bucks of Home Depot would take care of it. We're not talking expensive appliances or components here. You would be done a lot faster, probably better, get to really know what 's under the floor in the process and not have your ZEN destroyed.

I know what I would do.

danemayer

It has been to 2 different repair shops and now Heartland tells us this is a normal condition as their is a heat duct in the area.
Hi Fireboss,

Did you actually speak to someone from Heartland, or did the dealer tell you this? If you haven't already spoken with Heartland directly, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

1/2" to 3/4" sounds like an enormous amount of flex. I'd suggest you try to find a way to measure the deflection before calling. When you talk to Customer Service, you want to have a single indisputable number that will be confirmed by a service tech.

jeffdee

I have a 2014 3110. Post a picture of the bad spot and I will check my floor to compare.

Fireboss

Thanks for the replies, I have been talking to David H. at Heartland and he is the one who has denied my repair claim, he stated that a lot of trailers have soft spots in their floors and that this model has a heat duct in the area and it is a normal condition. Now we checked out another 3110 at a different dealer and its floor is fine. I currently have 4 repair techs telling they agree that this isn't right but Heartland will not fix this. I am supposed to get the trailer back from the repair shop next week and will take pictures and a video for the ******* process it looks like I will have to go through. Thanks for the input.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

oscar

Thanks for the replies, I have been talking to David H. at Heartland and he is the one who has denied my repair claim, he stated that a lot of trailers have soft spots in their floors and that this model has a heat duct in the area and it is a normal condition. Now we checked out another 3110 at a different dealer and its floor is fine. I currently have 4 repair techs telling they agree that this isn't right but Heartland will not fix this. I am supposed to get the trailer back from the repair shop next week and will take pictures and a video for the ******* process it looks like I will have to go through. Thanks for the input.:cool:

I advise you again to do it yourself if you are at all capable.