Antenna layout

fredf

I have a 2011 Big Country with a AntennaTek. It's not working.
I've looked in the manual section of this site and there are coax layouts but all of them show satellite dishes, not antenna. How can I get a diagram of the antenna layout so that i can troubles shoot.

No hint of over the air TV reception even though I get it fine at my house nearby. I think it must be a cable unhooked or something. In the bedroom there is a antennatek amplifier. I've turned it on (red light) but no help. I only have a TV in the living room. Don't know if the bedroom amplifier is only for the bedroom or also the living room tv.

Thanks

Fred

fredf

Thanks Peg and Mike,

In the diagram is the antenna the large gray thing at the top? If so then:

The antenna goes to the bedroom booster/input then to the living room input . Very simple. Turn on the booster.

Hasn't worked since I bought the RV. Could take it back to the dealer but it's a 50 mile drive each way.

Maybe I have a TV setting wrong. I have the TV input set to ANT/Cable. When I turn on the TV to a channel that I should get OTA through the antenna, the TV says "Cable".

Why doesn't work?

Maybe it's wired wrong or a coax cable is unhooked . I do have the TV coax hooked to the ant/cable.

Fred

gebills

Hi Fred:

Don't know how the menu appears on your TV. On both of our RV TV's, we have an antenna setting for both a "Cable" reception setting and for a "Air" setting. Natually, when we are using the crank-up antenna, we turn the booster on as you have suggested, and adjust the TV's to the "Air" setting. I'll bet it's only the right TV setting after you have satisfied yourself that your connections are correct. The cable connector lead from the back of the living room TV is hooked up to the "cable" wall plate. good luck; gebills.

danemayer

TV menu has to be set to AIR and then you do a channel scan to find channels with a strong enough signal to register. The antenna will have better reception if raised with the crank handle and you may need to rotate the antenna to point toward the T V towers. If you rotate the antenna after a channel scan, you may want to do a 2nd scan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD