RW425 Bumping sound while parked

I

iam144

Hi All,
I am new to the forum and to my Road Warrior 425.
We full time in the rig and find that it fits our need with the garage doing triple duty for moving the motorcycle, and, while parked, an extra bedroom and an office for my consulting work.
However, we have found something that we have not quite figured out. As we sit in the trailer, during certain times of the day, we hear a noise similar to a door slamming shut and feel a bump or shutter through the trailer. This happens several times a day. It appears to happen as the sun is warming the rig in the morning and after the sun sets and things are cooling down in the evening.
We have the hydraulic 6 point leveling system. Could the leveling legs be extending or retracting as the hydraulic fluid expands and contracts with the daily warming and cooling? We can't think of anything else it might be.
Also, does anyone else experience this?
Just as an FYI, we are currently in Colorado Springs, CO where the temperature difference between the high and low is about 25 F.
Thanks for looking!

danemayer

Hi iam144,

Here's a link to the manuals section of the forum that has documentation stabilizers and levelers. About 1/2 way down the list is the Lippert 0295 Bulletin that has a procedure to get rid of the noisy jack problem. You can get the anti-stiction fluid from Amazon.com or from some local motorcycle shops.