Dealer frustration

Majestic

We have been researching new luxury 5th wheels for about 3 months now. This has to be one of the most frustrating events of our lives this year.

in short, we have had dealers tell us, buy inventory or go somewhere else, to not even responding to our request for a quote on a factory order.

we went to a RV dealers show in Phoenix, display units with flooring bulged, broken moulding hanging from the walls, doors that were broken, what a display.

we are from Alberta, more than willing to buy in the USA and take the chances with warranty.

does anyone have a good Landmark dealer they have dealt with a factory order and repairs that they would buy from again. Northern state or Canada

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have been researching new luxury 5th wheels for about 3 months now. This has to be one of the most frustrating events of our lives this year.

in short, we have had dealers tell us, buy inventory or go somewhere else, to not even responding to our request for a quote on a factory order.

we went to a RV dealers show in Phoenix, display units with flooring bulged, broken moulding hanging from the walls, doors that were broken, what a display.

we are from Alberta, more than willing to buy in the USA and take the chances with warranty.

does anyone have a good Landmark dealer they have dealt with a factory order and repairs that they would buy from again. Northern state or Canada

Check out Great Lakes Rv/Rv wholesalers in Elkhart in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phatkd

Woodys RV in Edmonton has been AWESOME to deal with!! Once you get past the whole "Lets make a deal" salesmen (But ours was much different), what an awesome business model they have. Parts guys actually know what they are talking about, Service advisors couldn't possibly be better. Top notch all around.

We shopped in the US as well, but at the end of the day, saving a few grand wasn't worth it to me.

just my .02 for what it's worth

noobee

Woodys RV in Edmonton has been AWESOME to deal with!! Once you get past the whole "Lets make a deal" salesmen (But ours was much different), what an awesome business model they have. Parts guys actually know what they are talking about, Service advisors couldn't possibly be better. Top notch all around.

We shopped in the US as well, but at the end of the day, saving a few grand wasn't worth it to me.

just my .02 for what it's worth

A friend of mine bought a Brookside unit from Woody's in Calgary... he does not have a lot of nice things to say about their service department.

Majestic

Good news for Albertans, Heartland has changed Landmark dealers, Allandale is now the Landmark dealer in AB. This is a big improvement, I have already been in contact with them, what a breath of fresh air. I am looking forward to working with them.

i will keep you posted as to how the next weeks work out

thank you all
Gary

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
As I understand, Western owns Field of RV Dreams which is where we bought our Bighorn several years ago. Lousy service there as well. Don't know where I will go for our next one. Doug

noobee

As I understand, Western owns Field of RV Dreams which is where we bought our Bighorn several years ago. Lousy service there as well. Don't know where I will go for our next one. Doug

Seeing you are out of manufacturer's warranty, why wouldn't you use an independent RV service. There is a very good one I've used in Carstairs: Deluxe RV Service.

Majestic

Duane at Allandale RV in Red Deer seams to be a very upfront guy, their service dept rate is $145. so I don't think after warranty service will be affordable.

emm4273610re

check out www.orchardtrailers.com, I know it's not around the corner but it might be worth a call. Low pressure dealer will go over the retail price sheet most dealers won't show you. Happy to order anything you are looking for. Good Luck !