day night shades crooked

connjab

I had to adjust the day night shades because the did not go to the bottom of the window. Figured out how to adjust the tension so they will go up and stay up. But now the pleats are not parallel. I can't figure out what to do next. Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks
Jim

danemayer

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Since you've been on the forum for a while, you probably already know there's a great bunch of people here who are quick to reach out with help. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you shortly.

dbbls59

You need to readjust the tension on the strings. One is tighter than the other causing them to be crooked.

yport

Whenever I had the same problem, it was a simple matter or grabbing the shade at the top and gently sliding the whole shade to one side or the other in the shade brackets until pleats are all parallel.

coffeeman

We've just moved from a Winnebago Sightseer to a Bighorn. The shades in the Bighorn are as tight as can be and there doesn't seem to be any room left for adjustment. I'm almost afraid I'm going to break the strings. Is this the norm? Txs