Newbie needs help -- Do we need to winterize to our Prowler has not been used yet?

Gertie

My DH and I are newbies to our Prowler travel trailer. It's never been on the road yet so it's never had any water in the tanks and the toilet/shower has never been used. Do we need to do all the normal winterizing with all the chemicals to store it for the next month in Michigan until we are on the road for the warmer climes during January, or is it okay to not winterize it? We will be storing it outside, and it will not be heated during that time.

If we need to use the chemicals, do we need to also add water to the tanks and toilet?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Newbie needs help -- Do we need to winterize tho our Prowler has not been used yet?

I think that new rigs are winterized from the factory. However, your dealer may have used water to test it.
I would definitely winterize.
The pink RV anti-freeze is only a couple of bucks per gallon.
You do not need to put anything in the tanks, however you will need to flush the toilet to get anti-freeze into that feed line and into the toilet bowl.
Be sure to add some to the P-traps.

Peace
Dave

Gertie

Re: Newbie needs help -- Do we need to winterize tho our Prowler has not been used yet?

I think that new rigs are winterized from the factory. However, your dealer may have used water to test it.
I would definitely winterize.
The pink RV anti-freeze is only a couple of bucks per gallon.
You do not need to put anything in the tanks, however you will need to flush the toilet to get anti-freeze into that feed line and into the toilet bowl.
Be sure to add some to the P-traps.

Peace
Dave

Great! Thanks so much! We're doing it today and have our fingers crossed that all goes well. We can't wait to get our rig on the road at holiday time and start having fun with it!!

GOTTOYS

Be sure to remove the plug in your water heater to be sure it has been drained!...Don

olcoon

Also, even though you've never used it, there "may" be water in the fresh water tank, and in the black & grey tanks. Might want to check them just in case.