Freshwater tank drain

wazz_zup

Hi everyone. I've been all over and under this trailer and I can't seem to locate a freshwater drain. She's close to full and I don't want all that water sitting in there for a month or two. Is it covered under the belly covers somewhere? I took off the cargo storage panel right near the water connections to have a look, but all I see is the corragated fill tube running toward the back of the rig down low somewhere. The two little hot and cold "low point" drains on the passenger side didn't do it. (just a little came out.)

jwb187

I'm not familiar with the layout of the 3100 but on my 3055 the fresh water drain is on the off door side in front of the axles, about 2 feet in from the side of the trailer. It's a little bit of a stretch to reach it without laying down and crawling under the trailer. It is a white flex pipe similar to the low point drains.

kimn610

Same for the 3400, there is a white drain tube about over the front axled. I had to crawl under to turn the pitcock value to drain the water

wazz_zup

You guys are right! It's a tough one to reach....back behind the front axle, in about two feet. Thanks!

IMG_2193.jpg

Last edited:

Two Hands

I once partially drained the fresh water tank on my 2007 Big Horn 3055RL. If I remember correctly I simply aligned the valves in the port side connections dock in accordance with the instructions on the label next to the valves and turned on the water pump. The water ran out the end of a nearby drain hose and stopped when I turned off the pump when it reached the 1/3 level where I wanted it.

ChopperBill

Like Two Hands says if you use the power drain it will empty about 10 times faster than if you just let it gravity drain.
on edit: you cant power drain it with the gravity drain open as the pump intake and the drain are connected to the same water line.

wazz_zup

I like the idea of the power drain, but I can't get it to work. What I did is put both valves to bypass and winterize, closed the freshwater petcock and went in and turned on the pump.
IMG_2195.jpg

Is that right? She's still sitting at 2/3 full. Is this rig different than yours Two Hands? Is it supposed to run out the little docking station hose? We are on about a 20 degree slant (nose forward). Maybe that has something to do with it.

Two Hands

Your layout is completely different than mine, I mean completely, not even close. I think I like yours better.