Tire Size on 2014 BC3650RL

lynndiwagoner

The weather has finally gotten good enough for me to start looking the new rig over. I noticed on the sticker at the front of the rig that it states that it has "ST235-85-R16" tires with a max inflation of 110lbs. On inspection I note that the tires are all "ST235-80-R16" with a max inflation of 80lbs. Any one else have this problem? I'll be calling Heartland Monday to see what the deal is.

Lynn

GOTTOYS

The tires that have 110 psi inflation should be load range G tires. The tires that show 80 PSI should be load range E. It will be interesting to see which tires it left the factory with....Don

Theresau

The tires state what they are not a sticker on the front of the rig.

Did you order G rated tires? If so, sounds like the rig wasn't built with them. Suggest you contact Heartland. Wheels are also different with the G rated tires.

The weather has finally gotten good enough for me to start looking the new rig over. I noticed on the sticker at the front of the rig that it states that it has "ST235-85-R16" tires with a max inflation of 110lbs. On inspection I note that the tires are all "ST235-80-R16" with a max inflation of 80lbs. Any one else have this problem? I'll be calling Heartland Monday to see what the deal is.

Lynn

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It could be a situation where another customer wanted upgraded wheels/tires, and the dealer swapped them out from your rig. If the tag said it had ST235-85-R16 tires with a max inflation of 110lbs, that is probably what it left the factory with. I'd call HL with your VIN and find out.

caissiel

Our unit is staged
6k axles and E tires

But unit has 7k axles and G tires.
Had to role under at purchase time to confirm and never said anything.

But if tag indicates G rated I you request at least that the tires were proper.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

lynndiwagoner

Tag clearly shows "G" rated tires. Rig has 7,000lb axles. I'm currently awaiting a reply from Terry at the factory before I call the dealer. When I did the walk around I looked at the tag but not at the tires, assuming the tag was correct. Maybe my bad?BC3650 Tire.jpg

I'm not naming the dealer yet......waiting to see what develops.

donr827

The G rated tires are a upgrade on your trailer. Heartland customer service should be able to tell you which tires were on the build sheet.
Don

lynndiwagoner

Factory advises it left with the "E" rated tires. They are going to send me a new sticker to replace the incorrect one. Factory was very responsive and quick to respond. All is well.

Lynn