Leveling system

Raquel

We had something very odd, and scary, happen when we went to leave for our long Thanksgiving weekend. We pushed the button to bring in the dining/living room slide and the front jacks dropped ... coach clear to the ground. Then it was like the computer was confused and we had a heck of a time getting the coach level again so we could bring the slides in. It leveled fine when we stopped. We'll see what happens when we go to leave here.

A little history that might help. We are sitting in the same park until we fully retire. Where we are sitting is far from level. There was 6 1/2 inches difference in jack extension with one corner extended 15 3/4 inches while the other corner was extended 9 1/4 inches. I do know the slides are electric not hydraulic.

Any ideas on what happened?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Raquel

I think the Landmarks have hydraulic slides except for maybe the bedroom.

Ours has gears under the slides. Looking underneath just now I do see one small polished rod under the 3 slides I can see under (the bedroom slide is sealed off.

Raquel

I thought it might be because of the "extreme" leveler extention.

jnbhobe

Sounds like a piece of dirt in a valve, I've had it happen a couple of times and have been able to dislodge it by running the pump with the valves open. It hasn't happened since I put the additive in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The polished rod is the ram for the hydraulic cylinder. The rack and gear does not drive the slide.

jdfishing

When I run into a camp site that has a big disparity in the jack extension between a couple of the jacks, I use a 4x8 wood block under the jack with the long extension. That way you are not maxing out any of your jacks. You are familiar with the MANUAL mode on the "level-up" system?

Raquel

Sounds like a piece of dirt in a valve, I've had it happen a couple of times and have been able to dislodge it by running the pump with the valves open. It hasn't happened since I put the additive in.

Okay. I'm not familiar with which values you open up or run the pump or, what the additiVe is. Running the pumps is like running the slides/leVelers in/out?

Raquel

When I run into a camp site that has a big disparity in the jack extension between a couple of the jacks, I use a 4x8 wood block under the jack with the long extension. That way you are not maxing out any of your jacks. You are familiar with the MANUAL mode on the "level-up" system?

What is the maximum extension on the slides?

I'm not very familiar with manual mode.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Okay. I'm not familiar with which values you open up or run the pump or, what the additiVe is. Running the pumps is like running the slides/leVelers in/out?

There's an additive that needs to be added to the hydraulic reservoir that will help keep the auto level jacks from making a popping noise. Do a search on the forum for "level up additive".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raquel

Thank you for the link to the manuals section . That will help with so many things.

Now, back do my original problem. I suppose I need to contact the dealer and have it fixed under warranty.

danemayer

It may be an intermittent problem that doesn't show up again for a while. So the dealer may come up with "no trouble found." The important thing is to get the issue documented clearly now, even if they don't find anything wrong. If it fails after expiration of warranty, Lippert may cover it because there's a record of the problem during the warranty period.

You may also want to give Lippert a call, discuss what happened and ask their opinion of possible causes. And ask them to open a record in their system and give you a reference number that you can use if the problem re-occurs.

Raquel

Does anyone know what the maximum extension is on our levelers?