What is this clicking noise

Lynn1130

Before the heater kicks on there is a clicking noise from the air conditioner over head. The fan is in auto and this just started a few days ago and Heartland says there is nothing to worry about but I think this is not normal functioning

danemayer

Hi Lynn1130,

The thermostat connects to a control box located on the underside of the living room Air Conditioning unit. When it calls for heat, a relay operates to supply voltage to the furnace. That's the click you hear. If there's a single click it's normal. If you hear a series of clicks, the relay may be failing or not getting enough power.

Danthony

I have a 2014 Big Horn 3855 that is doing t same thing.
Every time the furnace cycles on or off, the rear air conditioner clicks multiple times. Since this is in the bedroom in this model, it is very annoying. Can this be the same problem in tis model?

Lynn1130

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have this same old problem. It does not matter whether I am on shore power or battery the clicking is still there just before the heater kicks on. Does anyone know what relay this is and where it is located? I am thinking I am going to replace it myself unless it means tearing everything down to get to it.

danemayer

It's in the living room A/C unit, just above the air return. Remove the plastic cover inside the coach and you'll find a gray box with connectors. Careful checking it. No fun getting shocked while standing on a step stool or ladder.

truknutt

Committed Member
The only "clicking" I hear just before the furnace lights is the ignitor. 3 times then the flame kicks in. I have never heard the A/C unit "click".

danemayer

The only "clicking" I hear just before the furnace lights is the ignitor. 3 times then the flame kicks in. I have never heard the A/C unit "click".

Some relays are probably noisier than others and some of us probably hear better at different frequencies than others. So some people may hear a click and others not.