Accent rope light above entertainment center

wingfoot

In my 3400RE BH the 12V accent rope light above the entertainment center has burned out. I have been able to find plenty of 120V rope lights but can't find any 12V.
Does anyone know where I can find a 12V system? I contacted Heartland but didn't get a solution.

Thanks,
Larry

danemayer

Hi Larry,

I wouldn't be surprised that Heartland doesn't have a replacement part in stock for a 2008, but I would think they could tell you the Vendor and Vendor part # and you could try contacting the Vendor directly. Of course if the Vendor is out of business...

guyc66

I just did a quick search on Amazon and found lots of 12v rope lights available. You might want to give that a try. Good luck!

tboy

There is a company called Vista Manufacturing, they sell 12 volt rope lighting and will sell you custom sizes and they are very reasonable in price.

ParkIt

Came across a rope light line that ran on a battery pack and flat ribbon type (12v) at our local hardware store. With all the Christmas decorations out and on sale, you can probably find something pretty cheap that either wires in or can run on batteries.

brianharrison

A quick suggestion, before you rip out the old 12V rope lighting, check to make sure you have a good 12V positive supply and good ground at the switch. It may have wiggled loose; I have been fooled before......

Brian

wingfoot

A quick suggestion, before you rip out the old 12V rope lighting, check to make sure you have a good 12V positive supply and good ground at the switch. It may have wiggled loose; I have been fooled before......

Brian

Some of the LED's have burned out. So, I'm going to assume I have good contacts.

Georgia_Biker

I was reviewing this thread. We have a 2013 BH 3610RE - the accent lighting just under the awning has quit working. The rig is less than a year old - wonder if that would be covered under Warranty?

I'd rather fix myself it than have to take to my Camping World dealer - it takes weeks to get an appointment and you always have to leave it overnight.

Anyone ever replace these lights?

danemayer

I was reviewing this thread. We have a 2013 BH 3610RE - the accent lighting just under the awning has quit working. The rig is less than a year old - wonder if that would be covered under Warranty?

I'd rather fix myself it than have to take to my Camping World dealer - it takes weeks to get an appointment and you always have to leave it overnight.

Anyone ever replace these lights?

Should be covered under warranty. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If you think you can fix it yourself, Heartland may send you the parts. If you're not sure, you might want to have them log the issue and next time you're at the dealer for something else, they can also fix the lights.