Rv heating ducting

Gas20

I have had to run my heat for the last few nights and anyway I am not getting any warm air out of the two vents in the living area. I have warm air coming out in the bedroom and bath plus the vent that comes out in the steps going up to the bedroom. I don't know where to start actually . The under belly is closed in and would have to cut to get underneath. Any ideals?

olcoon

You shouldn't have to get into the underbelly. Go into your basement & the bulkhead has screws you can remove to access that area, & that's where the ducts are. It's a tight squeeze to get in there, (I've got too much "baggage" to get very far), but with a flashlight you can see where the ducts run. Have you checked inside the duct, at the end to see if it's clogged up?

Gas20

I have not yet thanks. I will do that first before I dig into the basement
You shouldn't have to get into the underbelly. Go into your basement & the bulkhead has screws you can remove to access that area, & that's where the ducts are. It's a tight squeeze to get in there, (I've got too much "baggage" to get very far), but with a flashlight you can see where the ducts run. Have you checked inside the duct, at the end to see if it's clogged up?

readytohitheroad

There is also an extensive thread on this site that discusses issues with ductwork in these rigs. I would advise you to find it and read it, mite be useful for you.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just FYI, the ElkRidge utilizes a rectangular metal vent "channel" on the ground floor, that runs the length of the coach down the middle. Not individual ducts to each vent. It is not readily accessible from underneath even if you remove the underbelly.

Depending on the model you have, maybe a connection from the furnace to the run on the ground floor has gotten crushed or disconnected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owenfamily

I have had to run my heat for the last few nights and anyway I am not getting any warm air out of the two vents in the living area. I have warm air coming out in the bedroom and bath plus the vent that comes out in the steps going up to the bedroom. I don't know where to start actually . The under belly is closed in and would have to cut to get underneath. Any ideals?

Take the screws out by the heater side and your duct work will be right here in that model and year. You may have some lose duct work. If that is the case go get some clamps and zip ties and you will be back up and running in no time. That seems to be your problem.