Portable Heater - 1500 Watts

DesertThumper

I need some two cents here. We are taking some guests with us this coming weekend. The garage has no heat and I don't want to find them in the morning like frozen ice cubes. I have a stand up heater that you would fine at most stores. It is ceramic not infrared. Can anyone recommend an idea or is it ok to use the little portable heater I have in my house?

Manzan

Does not make any difference. Just make sure the house heater has a tip over switch whether used in the house or trailer. 1500 watts is 1500 watts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We use a 1500 watt portable heater often in our Bighorn.
As long as you don't overload the electrical circuit you should be fine.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't see why you can't. We use 2 Polonis electric space heaters all the time to save on propane. We do turn them off when gone. Usually set the furnace on about 62-65 at night and run only one space heater. The only thing you have to watch out for is how many amps you are using at the same time. So you might have to turn off one or both when the hair dryer is on.

DesertThumper

That sounds great. I will do that. It does have the tip over safety built in. Thanks for everyone's opinion. Happy Holidays!

DesertThumper

This one is several years old but still works. We were doing our monthly shopping at Sams Club and happen to look at some new units. The unit you have Jim is Polonis. Is there a model number to it? It should not be a problem to run it for the duration of their sleeping time right? 6-8 hours straight...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a Vornado, works great at circulating the air in the room for even heating. Our first one was about 2 years old and stopped working-no heat, no fan. Found out they have a 5 year warranty... Just had to send a pic with the power cord cut off to Vornado and they shipped a new one. Even got a slightly nicer unit, no additional charge, in 2 business days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This one is several years old but still works. We were doing our monthly shopping at Sams Club and happen to look at some new units. The unit you have Jim is Polonis. Is there a model number to it? It should not be a problem to run it for the duration of their sleeping time right? 6-8 hours straight...

We use the Polonis PF1212 in the living area and it is the best little space heater we have ever used. We feel safe sleeping with it on and sometimes will even leave it on when we are not there.

happykraut

We've been using the Polonis for several years now. It does a great job and I love the digital readout on it.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
In addition to the tip over switch, A thermostat that shuts off the heater when it reaches a set temperature helps cut costs and helps keep the temperature more even.

I use a sunbeam and lasko ceramic heaters to help reduce the amount of propane I use. I am limited to 30 amps total and as long as both are not plugged into the same circuit, I have no problems running both heaters at the same time. Both have thermostats and other safety features including an overheat sensor that will shut off the heater if something causes the heater to get too warm.

RoadJunkie

Best heater we have is our electric blanket! We do use a ceramic heater to supplement forced air, it helps to compensate for the cyclic nature of forced air heat.

porthole

Retired
We use the Polonis that looks like the one Jim posted, have been using it for over 20 years, and I got it used at a garage sale.
I added a separate 20 amp circuit for it in the living room and the garage, depending on where it is needed.

DesertThumper

Thanks again for all your feed back!! We got back from a weekend trip and the weather was nearly in the 20's, snow flakes dropping with 50 mph winds. With the 1500 watt portable heater being used in the garage for the guests, it kept them nice and warm throughout the weekend. What a cheap solution for the cold travel trips!