Fireplace issues

Dee

My 2008 3055RL Bighorn has had a few issues with the fireplace it is a Desa model and they have obviously gone bankrupt, according to the web site
I need parts for it, or need to replace it with another. Looking around I can find several 30 " models but I am looking for 26" to fit existing hole naturally. Anyone here had similar issues or have any ideas, or know where to look for parts?
Thanks in advance
Dee

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
HERE is a site that sells many different sized slide-in electric fireplaces. Including several 26" units. Trace

Last edited:

ParkIt

This time of year is the best to find a new one or replacement parts. The local hardware stores have all sorts in stock including "wall in" (frame-less) units for under $150. Could be where we live is why they are so cheap?

navyAZ1

Dee, we have a similar situation. We have the same year and model coach as you and it had the fireplace but we had the dealer take it out in 2007 before we purchased the coach and put a shelf in that cabinet with doors. Now we have decided that we want the fireplace, Heartland tells me they can't get the unit they used back then, but have a 26" model. I have requested accurate dimensions from them to ensure it will fit. I'll let you know what I find out.

Dee

Hey Navyaz1 That would be great I am going to pull mine out in the next week or so, so I can give you exact measurements if needed.
Dee
I was Navy also mm2 got out in 58 USS Duncan DDR 874

navyAZ1

I'm hoping what Heartland is now using will fit, I can if necessary build some trim to fit around it if it's a little smaller than the opening. The opening in the cabinet is 26½"w X 23"h, and as best I can tell 8" deep would be the max depth for the unit to fit in the existing cabinet. Heartland quoted $282 for the price (does not include shipping) but the unit does have a remote control and that's nice. I retired from the Navy in 1990, would have been 1985 but I got out for 5 yrs and then went back in, did 22 yrs made it almost all the way around the world but not quite. Earned the Golden Dragon, Blue Nose, and Shellback distinctions while in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm hoping what Heartland is now using will fit, I can if necessary build some trim to fit around it if it's a little smaller than the opening. The opening in the cabinet is 26½"w X 23"h, and as best I can tell 8" deep would be the max depth for the unit to fit in the existing cabinet. Heartland quoted $282 for the price (does not include shipping) but the unit does have a remote control and that's nice. I retired from the Navy in 1990, would have been 1985 but I got out for 5 yrs and then went back in, did 22 yrs made it almost all the way around the world but not quite. Earned the Golden Dragon, Blue Nose, and Shellback distinctions while in.

I don't know if what HL is using will fit. Seems like all the fireplaces I see look much smaller... Or at least the firebox itself seems MUCH smaller?

We installed the Dimplex DF2608. It's 26 1/4" x 22 5/8" and 8.746" deep.

navyAZ1

Received the fireplace today, it will be a perfect fit. Now all I have to do is find the time to install it.