Florida RV Park & Storage

Sakkit

Hello Everyone!
My family and myself are in the beginning stages of planning to keep our Road Warrior 415RW down in Florida. We have heard a couple people talk about how they keep their RV down in Florida in storage at an RV Park, and then they go down (either fly or drive) a couple times a year, and the RV Park will pull the RV out of storage for them and put it into a campsite. Then when they leave, the RV goes back into the storage part of the RV park. I am lost on how to go about this, so I have a few questions below:

1. Does anyone else do this?
2. Should I be worried about leaving my RV down there? (ie. hurricanes, extreme heat, insurance / warranty issues, etc.)
3. Any tips, tricks, or cautions about any aspect of this idea?

Next...I am hoping some of you can give me some tips on where I should start looking for a great RV park. My kids are 5 and 13. I was thinking a good place to start looking would be something semi-close to Disneyworld (within an hour or two), and something close to a beach. So we can enjoy the best of both worlds within reasonable driving distance. I would love a beachfront RV park, but they appear to be very expensive. Ultimately I am just looking for some ideas of good locations in Florida, and some good quality RV parks where I can feel secure that my RoadWarrior will be stored safely, and offer a great camping experience. Is this too much to ask?.....haha!

Anyways I dont want to ramble on, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

HappyKayakers

If you're going to leave an RV here through hurricane season, check with your insurance to make sure you have the proper coverage. Also, re-caulk/seal prior to the start of the rainy season. It will get very hot inside that RV. Think about things you wouldn't leave in your truck on a hot sunny day and make sure none of those things are in the RV.

tboy

Hello! I live in Ormond beach Florida and go to Wekiva Falls Rv Resort, it is a great family campground and a lot of people store there RV for the summer. It is between Daytona and Orlando, look it up online I think you will like it.

Hogladyrider

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your purchase of a Heartland product! We reside full time here in central Florida. I would recommend that you look at Wilderness RV near Silver Springs. It is within driving distance to Orlando and a great campground and location. There are many considerations when "leaving" your RV, humidity is a huge issue in Florida. We use hanging Damp Rid and it needs to be changed every two weeks thruout the spring/summer. Rodents can be another possible problem, citrus rats can get into any crack/opening in an RV and they eat anything and everything including carpet, their skulls collapse so they can get thru the smallest of openings. Wilderness RV is right near water parks in Silver Springs and on the river itself. I would not recommend a park on the ocean as the salt air is very corrosive to many components in your RV.

Sakkit

Thanks everyone....this is exactly the tips and information I am going to need to make a good informed decision. Please keep the feedback coming, as it is truly appreciated!

Thanks Again
Craig

Sakkit

We are going to head down to Florida and get the lay of the land before we make an important decision like leaving our trailer down there. Does anybody have any advice of good places to stay near Disneyworld? I have heard Dinsey Wilderness is good, however it is also very expensive. Any other great parks nearby that are a bit cheaper? Thanks.

Hogladyrider

Most parks between December and April in FLorida do not accept any club discounts, ie Passport, Sam's Club, etc. I would recommend looking at campgrounds in the Kissimmee area if you will be having children with you, more to do in that area, or Davenport. There are several very large campgrounds in Kissimmee, if I get to the names I will post them for you.