Picked up new unit

Luckyhat12

I just bought a 3795 and picked it up on Saturday. I am still trying to work out the bugs but I like it so far. I will be full timing as well.

jpmorgan37

Congratulations Chris. If you have questions about anything, ask away because there are lots of knowledgeable folks on here to help. Enjoy you new Cyclone.

John

Luckyhat12

Well... Honestly I have been quite disappointed with my unit. It is back at the dealer for a long list of issues.

It showed up at 2:30 on Friday before Christmas. I did an initial walk through with the dealer at 4:00 and the service department was closing at 5:00PM for over a week for the holidays. I noted the issues in the initial walk through and they said that they would fix all of them when they re-opened. I had the camper for almost 2 weeks until I could get it back to the dealer. During this time I had time to go through everything and see what all was wrong with it and I wasn't really happy.

I have been completely impressed with most of the models that I have seen on the lots. They have been well put together and I really didn't see anything too bad when I was looking at them pre-purchase. I was told that this was one of the last cyclones that came off the line before the factory shut down for the holidays as well and I feel like it was rushed and hurried to get out rather than proper care taken in the manufacturing process.

It is still the most effective floor plan for what I am trying to do so I am going to stick with it but I will go ahead and post a list of the things that were wrong with it to see what you guys think.

1)Carpet on the steps is pulling away at the corners going into the bedroom.
2)Cold water isn’t completely sealing off in the shower. This may correct itself with use but needs to be known up front
3)The Washer/Dryer prep has screws that aren’t holding it to anything
4)The table is mounted backwards (Corrected by owner)
5)The trim on the bottom of the super slide is pulling away. It is at the bottom closest to the TV
6)The panels to hide the garage wires were not installed. They are sitting in place but are not attached to anything.
7)The main closet rod needs an additional hook to help support it
8)The cabinet doors over the microwave and over the table have blemishes. I think they had glue stuck to them that pulled the finish off when scraped off.
9)One of the kitchen table chairs was chipped in transit
10)There is a missing lug nut on the slide side on the middle axle. Stripped threads need to be repaired
11)There is a light out in the bedroom over the bathroom sink.(blown bulb Corrected)
12)12v Water pump switch was turned around backward. This was corrected during the walk through.
13)The trim on the master bed closest to the closet is loose and is pulled away
14)The TV is angled straight or slightly upward and the screen is difficult to see when you are sitting on the couch or at the kitchen table level. It needs to have a spacer at the top to make it more visible from chair level.
15)The TV does not play through the stereo.
16)The slide out needs to be adjusted so that it fits flush
17)The Slide out dented the outside metal panel next to the service door. This needs to be corrected
18)There is no hardware for the bathroom accessories. The accessories are there but no screws.
19)The outside speakers play all of the time when the stereo is on. The only way to turn them off is to go into the setup and fade the sound all the way to the right. This doesn’t seem like correct functionality.
20)There wasn’t a winterization hose for the 12v pump. There is a valve but no hose.(found - dealer didn't even know where it was till I told them)
21)When the front landing gear was fully extended it blew a 30 amp fuse at the switch. I had to replace the switch fuse on the first outing. Wiring needs to be checked and that the sensors are set correctly.
22)The drawer under the oven has the bottom coming out.
23)The garage entrance door from living area has trim pulling away from it as well
24) The bar for the steps on the front is bent.
25)The felt on the access panel on the hookup side of the basement is pulling back. I put it down twice and it is pulling back again.
26)The door on the service side doesn’t have anything to keep it up. The door side has two different mechanisms to keep it up but the service side doesn’t. The service side needs some method of keeping the door up when hooking up.
27)There is glue smeared on the floor from assembly
28)There are glue marks on the couch and bed spread where it was dropped during assembly
29)The bathroom door is chipped and pulled away at the lower corner on the inside.
30)The main slide out assembly is marking the floor when it is extended and retracted. There is a definite line where it is going through there.
31)The sink hot water knob has chips out of it where the installer tightened it with pliers
32)There is no audio input through the front jacks on the audio panel. The video comes through but no sound through the TV or the stereo.
33)The Antenna boot has come up on the roof. It is not pulled down and sealing like it should.
34)The city water hose was leaking water on the inside of the service panel. I tightened it when I pulled the access panel to winterize. I just wanted to make this known up front.
35)The corner of the bedroom slide out closest to the shower is coming loose and flopping. The wood broke because of poor slide out adjustment.
36)There is a R clip in the water heater compartment. Where does this go?
37)The cable connection does not go to the television. I tried it connected with both the antenna on and the antenna booster off and neither work.
38)The heat strips need to be installed on the second air condition in the bedroom.
39)The brakes squeal when they are released. One may be too tight but not all
40)Check the distance on the outdoor sliding storage. One tries to fall through when it has any weight in it at all. (IE. case of cokes makes it fall out)
41)The Garage Screen Door magnets don’t match up at the back. It will not stay down when it is pulled.
42)There is no brushed aluminum work station in the garage. It says most models in the brochure but there isn’t one on the lot at all.
43)They did not put the built in diamond plate toolbox in the basement area.

Luckyhat12

I am usually not one for airing dirty laundry but I have to say I expected more. My dealer is doing what they can to get it corrected but I was on a timeline before which is why we tried to have it ready before Christmas. Now I have to wait for it to be completed again and then get ready to travel in a matter of days when I get back home from work related travel rather than have weeks to prepare.

I am confident that the dealer will get it straightened out but I honestly expected better based on every other model that I walked through on the lots. Especially since I ordered this one specifically with a bunch of options.

Thanks for the support guys.

Chris

Pwrplayer

MickeyMouseEngineer
Same Boat

Sorry to hear of the issues.
We are in the same boat, but still no unit. Our unit came in with no rear door and a number of standard features different. Some were ok, but the missing rear door was a deal breaker.
More details here.

Our unit was also one of the last out before the holiday shutdown.
We were also on a schedule and I specifically stated the unit had to be in prior to Christmas or I would just not buy it. Now they are telling me sometime in Feb for a new model to be put online.

A number of the items on your list are standard features that have been changed or deleted from the new Cyclone models in an effort to reduce the price.

From what I've seen on a number of cyclones:
-Brushed aluminum workcenter has been replaced by a wood shelf.
-Basement diamond plate is gone.
-Diamond plate toolbox is gone.
-Review the linked thread above for other items.

Do you have an indoor and outdoor stereo? (2 different head units) Previous models had a marine stereo in the outside compartment (I think). Need some clarification from earlier cyclone owners.

Hope everything works out.

Luckyhat12

Thanks Pwrplayer. I do not have an additional head unit in the basement. I have the two speakers on the outside but to get them to turn off you have to fade them out instead of using zones to just turn them off. I wish I had the additional unit just for the sake of being able to control it from the outside instead of having to go inside to change the station or volume.

Doug Richards from Heartland called me back today about my unit. They are working on it with the dealer and they are trying to get everyone on the same page. I think they are going to make it right. I will keep you updated as I know more.

Loco

Pw,
The older units like our 07 has 4 outside speakers door side only and the head in in the crossover compartment right side. (door side)

crazybanshee

Chris Sorry to hear about your trailer problems. Heartland has been good to us with our trailer issues. Hopefully your dealer has a good service dept.

Luckyhat12

Man it has been 3 weeks and I am having difficulty with communication. They still have my camper and I am getting a little frustrated at this point. My projected travel date has already been changed because of this so now it is pushing in on my time. I purposly ordered it early enough to have it in time to get it setup to my liking. Now that time has come and gone and I am going to have to set it up on the road. I am starting to get real frustrated.

I will let you guys know more when it comes in.

Luckyhat12

OK... so I just picked it up this past saturday. The big things were finished and there were a couple of little things that are still aggrivating but I will work on finishing those myself. 5 weeks and they were still working on it the morning that I showed up to get it.

I am still teetering on being happy at this point. I know that I will like it but I haven't had such good luck so far. Now comes time to move in.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out with this deal. I look forward to meeting some of you as I travel over the next year.

Chris

woodenit

I just read what happened with Luckyhat and I'm having a real hard time with the time involved to actually get on the road.
We'll be fulltiming and working on the road, doing shows....how much time should I put aside for the unit to be ready for the road? We're selling our property and will need a home to move into, does everyone go thru this nightmare?
We had a KZ Sportsman Sportster back in 2001 and had a few problems with it..one being the cause of getting a complete factory replacement. But we had a house then and didn't have to worry about where we were going to stay. I can repair most items myself, had a universal coupling go on the slideout while out in AZ and I was able to re-machine the part so it would work so I'm not REAL concerned about the small stuff....but JEEZE over 40 items of small stuff is a little much!
I chose Heartland because I had liked the workmanship of the floor models, but are the floor models massaged a bit before we see them? Should I look for a more $$$ model from a different manufacturer, or am I just worried about nothing? Thanks
TJ

Luckyhat12

I can't honestly answer that question. I went out today after some nasty rain last night and I had a puddle of water in the floor. I called the dealer and it will be next wednesday before they can get me in. I have to call the factory tomorrow. this is getting a litte out of hand.

I had planned to have 2 months before I jumped ship and hit the road. This was realistic I thought and now I ordered it in October and I still haven't gotten to leave yet so you can try and do the math there.

Chris

Luckyhat12

So I tried to post in the Ask the factory area but I guess I didn't do it right because it hasn't gotten approved yet.

The story behind the water leak:

The rig isn't hooked up to city water at all. It is still winterized from when it was in the shop for the other repairs. It is sitting 20+ feet away from anything else around it so it is sitting by itself. We had heavy rain the other day and I went the next day to look in it to check the slide outs and see if there was any leaking around them and found a 6-8 inch puddle of water in front of the front left corner of the fridge. I initially thought that it may have come in through the vent over the stove but it was closed off and the tabs were secure. I climbed on the roof to check the vents and see if any were loose or missing. All of the vents on the roof were secure and I tried to pull up on them and none of them budged. I went back in the kitchen and started looking and pulled out the drawer under the stove and didn't feel any water there but it appears to have come in under the fridge or through the heater. I went out and pulled the fridge access panel and it was damp in there. I did not take the heater cover off because it was 32 degrees outside and I was already aggrivated enough with having to climb around looking for the issue in the first place. I looked at the cabinet under the fridge and there was some seepage where it had soaked up the water which is what made me think it came in there.

Oh... And the refridgerator has not been turned on since January 2nd so it isn't the fridge.

The good news is that my slides didn't leak. :)

So there is the story and now you can understand why I am confused about where it came from. The tech at the dealership called me back and when I explained it to him he was stumped as well. I really don't want to have some long term damage from water while I am not in it to keep check on it.

jbeletti

Do you have an ice maker? Was it winterized? Could the water supply hose or water solenoid have cracked? Just thinking out loud.

Was the refer ever used before winterizing? If so, was the freezer defrosted? If so, is the condensation tube ported out of the refer vent?

Jim

Luckyhat12

Do you have an ice maker? Was it winterized? Could the water supply hose or water solenoid have cracked? Just thinking out loud.

Was the refer ever used before winterizing? If so, was the freezer defrosted? If so, is the condensation tube ported out of the refer vent?

Jim

I do not have an ice maker. The fridge was only used for 4 days and it never frosted up. Everything has been winterized. This came from somewhere outside with the rain.

The condensation tube is out of the vent. I am stumped.

Loco

Lucky,
I had the same type leak. Check your roof vent for the fridge and see if it is sealed good.I also found that if the wind is blowing real hard towards the outside access door for the fridge and heavy rain that water will come in at the outside. We also had a roof leak around one of the vents and it would run across the inside of the ceiling and leak through the seam of the inside ceiling panel. The drip was 3 feet away from the vent. I sealed around the vents mounting flange and it stop the leak. I have not had many leaks at all on my rig when the slides are in. But a few when they are out and we are in a big storm. I clean and seal every thing on my roof every year. I use self leveling sealer and put it on thin. but I do it every year. So far I have had no more leaks. I also check and seal around top of my windows every year.I is a pain to do but I think it pays off in the long run.

Luckyhat12

Thanks for the info Loco. I hope to have an appointment with the dealer to have them do it this week since it is still new. I hit the road for a few months later this month so I am sure I will have to be checking all of this when I am not near the dealer.