Valve on toilet

Tcb

Hi how is everyone today we seem to have a problem with our ball valve in our toilet it has started to stick open we have to hit the peddle from the back to make sure it closes properly don't want to leave & have the valve left partly open with the water running I can sure imagine the mess if it overflows any suggestions would be helpful thank you

priorguy

Turn off the pump if you run on fresh water or the city supply. No water in means no water can overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another safety option would be to install a shut off valve in the toilet feed line.

Peace
Dave

donr827

I have water alarms around my trailer. I have one by the toilet. water heater, sinks, and UDC center. In expensive and mine use I believe 1 AAA battery that will last a year or more. Turning off the water when you leave a good idea.

Don

Garypowell

I would take it apart and clean it and replace the ball seal. If that did not work I would simply replace it.

Plus us I have had two different brands and was amazed (actually any RV supplier) how friendly and helpful they have been over the phone. I even got a whole new toilet once and I was out of warranty.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tcb is your toilet a 210 or 310? 210 has a left pedal and the 310 is right side. I have a 210 and had to replace the spring cartridge. A very easy job on the 210 but I'm not familiar with the 310. Your owners package should have a manual about the toilet or there is one in the tools LINK HERE on the Forum.
The 310 is under Dometic and the 210 is under Sealand.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can find parts to repair your toilet at most larger RV parts stores. Even some of the smaller ones carry the parts. Just get the make and model of the toilet and take that info to the parts store and tell them what is the problem and they will 'hook you up' with what you need. Replacing the parts is not a hard job if you are handy with hand tools.

Westwind

If you have a 310 then the pedal might be your problem. Mine would get stuck and I had replaced the seal, lubricated it, and finally before the warranty was up I called Dometic and they shipped me a new 310. The reason was the pedal mechanism can not be replaced for some reason. So now the new toilet is installed and hopefully will last longer then the old one.

wdk450

FYI I recently replaced the seal (due to its leaking). The local trailer parts store wanted $45 for the seal kit, I finally bought it on E-Bay for $19 with free shipping.