sensor losing single

bowtorc

I have one sensor on the unit that keeps dropping the signal. If I take it off and put it back on,it works for awhile. I have used the pressure pro system less than 3 months and take them off when not traveling. could anyone tell if this is a battery already or possibly something I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks
Roger

Pat McFall

bowtorc said:
I have one sensor on the unit that keeps dropping the signal. If I take it off and put it back on,it works for awhile. I have used the pressure pro system less than 3 months and take them off when not traveling. could anyone tell if this is a battery already or possibly something I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks
Roger

Roger,

I sent you a PM with a few questions. I'll try to help you.

Pat

tdharley

Please let us know what the outcome of the problem was.

I have been considering installing the system.

Pat McFall

tdharley said:
Please let us know what the outcome of the problem was.

I have been considering installing the system.

tdharley,

I haven't heard from him yet but as soon as I find out what his problem is, I'll post it on the forum. I needed a little more information to troubleshoot it.

If I can answer any questions for you, just let me know.

Pat

crazybanshee

Pat I have the same problem with two of mine. I think I need the extended antenna because of my trailer length. Doug

Pat McFall

crazybanshee said:
Pat I have the same problem with two of mine. I think I need the extended antenna because of my trailer length. Doug

Doug,

I think you're right. You may need a signal booster to get the signal from the Sensor to the Monitor. PressurePro utilizes RF technology to transmit the signal between the Sensor and the Monitor to display tire pressures. RF signals are subject to interference from many types of signals and products (electronics or metal boxes installed in your truck and/or RV) which may interfere with the signals between the Sensor and the Monitor. And, like you said, the length of your rig is a big factor.

When there is interference or the Sensor signal can't find a pathway to the Monitor, the Monitor will display a solid red light at that Sensor's location and will display 3 dashed lines, sound an audible beep & commence a slow blinking of the tire's location light. When the next update transmission reaches the Monitor, the red lights will go out. If this continues, the use of the optional Extended Antenna or Echo Repeater will probably solve the problem.

You can either get the Extended Antenna or the Echo Repeater. The Extended Antenna comes with 30' of coax and can be installed somewhere toward the back of the truck. The Echo Repeater is plug & play. It plugs into a 12V receptacle and you can put it in your 5th wheel. Since you aren't towing a vehicle behind your 5th wheel, you can mount the Repeater in the front closet in the bedroom or on the wall in the TV cabinet and plug it in to the 12V receptacle (if you have one) or you can hard wire it into a 12V light somewhere. It will pick up the signals from the Sensors on the 5th wheel and retransmit them to the Monitor in the truck.

I will PM you with additional info on the signal boosters.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and Safe Travels in 2008......Pat