Big Horn Entry Door Light

ats1509

I have a 2013 Big Horn. It has an LED light in the ceiling just inside the entry door. It usually comes on when the door opens and goes out when the door closes. It no longer goes out when the entry door closes. The light is on all the time. Anyone know where the switch is that operates the light?

jimtoo

Hi ats1509.

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Not sure on yours, but some of the lights by the door are controlled by the remote for your door lock and porch light.

Hopefully some others with newer models will jump in soon. You might post what model Big Horn you have also.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like Jim said, your remote may have turned the light on. Or there may be a manual switch for that light located somewhere in the vicinity of the door.
I believe that the switch for the auto on/off is a magnetic switch located under the door and threshold.

Peace
Dave

sengli

there is a small magnet attached to the bottom of the door that trips this light to come on. Seems as if I read somewhere on here the module for this is in the wall under or near the door. Maybe your magnet is misaligned, or may the module is bad.

pegmikef

In my 2014 BH there is a switch, "Entry Light", on the master switch panel that turns the light on and off. I do not have a control on my remote for it. When the switch is off, the door switch still activates. Switch on, light stays on. The switch is located next to the Porch Light switch on the panel.

yport

In my 2014 BH there is a switch, "Entry Light", on the master switch panel that turns the light on and off. I do not have a control on my remote for it. When the switch is off, the door switch still activates. Switch on, light stays on. The switch is located next to the Porch Light switch on the panel.

Mine is the same on my 2014 BH 3685RL

ats1509

Thanks everyone. It is the Entry light switch on the panel. Never new it was there. Thanks again.

jimtoo

That's what the Heartland Owners forum is for,, help one another with problems, make friends, share information. modifications to your unit and have fun.

Glad you got the info you needed.

Jim M

Johnnyboy

There is a toggle switch located in the entry closet (right of entry door). It is located at the bottom of the cabinet left of the fuse box. I have a 3450TS BC. Hope that helps.